Free Agency with Other Teams

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
SameOldNudityDrew

Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Thought I'd start a thread just for this because it also kind of impacts us indirectly (and it's interesting as a fan).

The first dude I'd like to hear your thoughts on is Iggy, because whatever he does, the impact is essentially doubled in the West.

Whoever gets him will probably be a contender and gets better (the Rockets and Spurs seem to be likely landing spots), and it will simultaneously hurt the Warriors.

It's possible Durant could agree to take less so the Warriors could keep him, but I'm hoping not to even out the teams at the top of the West just a bit.

Apparently, the Rockets made Iggy an offer, and their meeting went well. I imagine they must have some cap space left over after trading 13 players for CP3?
BloopOracle

Re: Free Agency with Other Teams

Post by BloopOracle »

JJ Reddick 1 year 23 million from Philly
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

BloopOracle wrote:JJ Reddick 1 year 23 million from Philly

I'm glad. I didn't want him on a 3-4 year deal. I think we're going to end up signing Millsap. If not, I'm not sure who our next target would be. I'd like to think we were pursuing Joe Ingles, but I suspect he'll end up in Denver.
SameOldNudityDrew

Iggy has canceled meetings with other teams after getting an offer from the Rockets. Ball in the Warriors' court?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246664/Andre-Iguodala-Cancels-Remaining-Free-Agent-Meetings
SameOldNudityDrew

lipoli390 wrote:
BloopOracle wrote:JJ Reddick 1 year 23 million from Philly

I'm glad. I didn't want him on a 3-4 year deal. I think we're going to end up signing Millsap. If not, I'm not sure who our next target would be. I'd like to think we were pursuing Joe Ingles, but I suspect he'll end up in Denver.

If signing Millsap would be so expensive we'd be forced to dump Gorgui and still leave ourselves with little cap space, then I wouldn't do it.

I really like what Ingles brings to the table, especially if the price were right, I'd rather have Ingles and keep Gorgui.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Amir Johnson the Sixers for a year 11 million. That's kinda nice move he brings a vet big body that can play as a defensive big next to some of the other guys. Keeps their cap space open.
SameOldNudityDrew

monsterpile wrote:Amir Johnson the Sixers for a year 11 million. That's kinda nice move he brings a vet big body that can play as a defensive big next to some of the other guys. Keeps their cap space open.

That's Embiid insurance. I hope they don't need it though. Embiid's a fun player to watch.
Monster

Post by Monster »

It sounds like Lowry is going back to the Raptors for about 27 per and they are signing Ibaka as planned. I have some confidence that Ujiri could find some other talent to fit around those guys and...is it such a terrible thing to just have a really good team? No espcially in the east where there may be just 4 good teams who knows what could happen.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Iggy back in GS for 3 years 48 million. That's more than I thought they would pay him but they probably didn't have much interest in letting him get away.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

PJ Tucker to Houston 4 years $32 mil.