Vikings/Packers- Bridgewater or Ponder

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Vikings/Packers- Bridgewater or Ponder

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Always a big game for the Purple, and most of the pre-game discussion is focused on who our starting QB will be. My thought is that it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. Yes, Bridgewater was outstanding last week, but Ponder has been even more outstanding in his last three games against the Pack. Teddy's QB rating last week was a sparkling 98.9, but Ponder's rating in the past three Packer games has been 103.9, 86.4, and 120.2. I am not a big fan of Christian Ponder, but for some reason he seems to come up big in Packer games, and his performances have been using a Musgrave game plan...he should be able to perform even better under Norv Turner's guidance. I still want to see Bridgewater trot out on the field, provided he is healthy enough, because he is the new, shiny object that has captured my attention. But if he can't go, I expect Ponder to have a good game.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Re: Vikings/Packers- Bridgewater or Ponder

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

[youtube]D1Hd54whGi8[/youtube]
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Please dont tell me there are still Ponder backers out there. This guy doesnt belong in the league. Wasnt good in college, absolutely atrocious in nfl. Checkdown Ponder cant hit running backs out of the backfield let alone a guy ten yards down the field. What a disappointment to know Teddy wasnt going to play tonight.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Ponder sucks. His ball has no zip, it's like a blimp fighting hurricane force headwinds.

Vikings are screwed without Teddy.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

I had to turn it off once the Pack hit 35. Ponder was garbage and the OL was pretty bad. Either way, I was seeing that Teddy holds the ball an average of like 2.4 seconds and Ponder 3. Ponder missed a bunch of throws including short easy ones, failed to see open receivers like always. Luckily Teddy will be back next week. I wouldn't even bother watching another game in which Ponder started.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Well if anyone wondered or wasn't convinced Ponder isn't good should now know. Good guy just nothing more than a backup if that.

I'm glad they started Ponder though it made no sense to start Teddy without snaps to prepare and not totally healthy. He is too early in his career to tough it out even though it was reported he wanted to do it.