Wig for Memphis #4 pick and Parsons

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Duke13

Wig for Memphis #4 pick and Parsons

Post by Duke13 »

I just saw a report Memphis is looking to unload the #4 pick along with Parson. Not 100% sure but I'm guessing he has two year left on his deal. I'm not gonna say there is no way Wig reaches his potential, but I'd say it's unlikely at this point. I'd be willing to do this deal I think, could we possibly try and include Gorgi in the deal?

Maybe I'm struggling not having a high lottery pick after so many year of having one. And I know I'm plenty ready to move on from Wig
kekgeek

Re: Wig for Memphis #4 pick and Parsons

Post by kekgeek »

Duke13 wrote:I just saw a report Memphis is looking to unload the #4 pick along with Parson. Not 100% sure but I'm guessing he has two year left on his deal. I'm not gonna say there is no way Wig reaches his potential, but I'd say it's unlikely at this point. I'd be willing to do this deal I think, could we possibly try and include Gorgi in the deal?

Maybe I'm struggling not having a high lottery pick after so many year of having one. And I know I'm plenty ready to move on from Wig

I would do it if Doncic is on the board. This is because i'm super high on him. The trade also gives us an reset button in 2020 if butler decides to leave. Only tyus/kat/ gorgui/Patton and doncic would be on the roster allowing us to reset if players like butler want to leave.

I would not do it if doncic is off the board. Just not high on the rest of the field
Monster

Post by Monster »

kekgeek1 wrote:
Duke13 wrote:I just saw a report Memphis is looking to unload the #4 pick along with Parson. Not 100% sure but I'm guessing he has two year left on his deal. I'm not gonna say there is no way Wig reaches his potential, but I'd say it's unlikely at this point. I'd be willing to do this deal I think, could we possibly try and include Gorgi in the deal?

I would do it if Doncic is on the board. This is because i'm super high on him. The trade also gives us an reset button in 2020 if butler decides to leave. Only tyus/kat/ gorgui/Patton and doncic would be on the roster allowing us to reset if players like butler want to leave.

I would not do it if doncic is off the board. Just not high on the rest of the field

I agree the guy I would be interested in would be Luka but I'd probably stick with Wiggins and the Wolves probably will also (they aren't looking to get even younger and I can't blame them) but this is a somewhat interesting deal. Parsons does have 2 years left and his salary is actually a bit less than Wiggins those 2 years. Of course you would be paying #4 pick money also so yeah. There has been some chatter about teams wanting to trade up to get J. Jackson so Memphis could be fielding offers.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

If Memphis were willing to do this deal, my thoughts would be exactly the same as kekgeek's...I do it only if Doncic is still on the board. I think Doncic is the best player in this draft, and I think he and what is left of Parsons would be better than Wig. Plus Parsons only has 2 more years on his contract while Wig has 5...so a deal like this would be helpful in reducing the amount of lux tax.

But my opinion is irrelevant because Memphis doesn't do this deal. The only reason they are willing to give up #4 is that they are rebuilding and need to unload big contracts. Taking on a 5-year max contract for a guy who sported a PER of 13 last year is not what they want to do. They are looking to trade #4 and Parsons for players with small contracts and lower picks. Chicago and the Clippers are likely partners if they covet someone at 4, because they both have multiple first round picks.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:If Memphis were willing to do this deal, my thoughts would be exactly the same as kekgeek's...I do it only if Doncic is still on the board. I think Doncic is the best player in this draft, and I think he and what is left of Parsons would be better than Wig. Plus Parsons only has 2 more years on his contract while Wig has 5...so a deal like this would be helpful in reducing the amount of lux tax.

But my opinion is irrelevant because Memphis doesn't do this deal. The only reason they are willing to give up #4 is that they are rebuilding and need to unload big contracts. Taking on a 5-year max contract for a guy who sported a PER of 13 last year is not what they want to do. They are looking to trade #4 and Parsons for players with small contracts and lower picks. Chicago and the Clippers are likely partners if they covet someone at 4, because they both have multiple first round picks.

I think you are right LST but I also think based on the reports I have seen that they want to win 50 games next year that they might have interest in a young experienced player (with some legit upside still) in a deal that would still save them a little bit of money short term (#4 + Wiggins salary) plus give them an extra roster space to add another player. IF (no idea) they value Wiggins I think it's something they would consider. Like I said I don't think it's something the Wolves would consider though.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

longstrangetrip wrote:If Memphis were willing to do this deal, my thoughts would be exactly the same as kekgeek's...I do it only if Doncic is still on the board. I think Doncic is the best player in this draft, and I think he and what is left of Parsons would be better than Wig. Plus Parsons only has 2 more years on his contract while Wig has 5...so a deal like this would be helpful in reducing the amount of lux tax.

We'll see. Memphis owner said they are not rebuilding and he expects 50 wins next year. I'm guessing we should have to give pick 20 back in the deal.

Now if the clippers offer 12, 13 and Harris that is a better deal no doubt. But i'm really curious about what Wiggins value around the league is.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Honestly, I don't think Memphis does that deal if Doncic is on the board.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I've heard that Memphis is not looking to rebuild. Instead, they're looking to move the pick for a top veteran to go with Conley, Gasol and Green to be competitive. They are counting on the return of Conley and they know that Conley and Gasol are at the tail ends of their prime. Would they deal their 4th pick and Parsons for Wiggins? Not sure. But I'll bet they'd make that deal for Butler. I may be the only one on this Board who would do that deal, but I just don't think Butler fits long term here given his age, injury propensity and the huge payday he'll have due after this next season. So I'm inclined to take a step back in order to take two steps forward over the long haul. I'd deal Butler to Memphis for the 4th pick and Parsons and take Doncic if he's still available. If Doncic is not available, then I'd draft Jaren Jackson or Mo Bamba.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Unless the Grizzlies think that the Wolves have had the three worst coaches in recent NBA history... and that's why Wiggins is largely the same player after four years in the league... no dice.

But this thread did make me happy for just a moment imagining Doncic instead of Wiggins on the Wolves.

[Note: And I've never seen Doncic play.]
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

lipoli390 wrote:

I've heard that Memphis is not looking to rebuild. Instead, they're looking to move the pick for a top veteran to go with Conley, Gasol and Green to be competitive. They are counting on the return of Conley and they know that Conley and Gasol are at the tail ends of their prime. Would they deal their 4th pick and Parsons for Wiggins? Not sure. But I'll bet they'd make that deal for Butler. I may be the only one on this Board who would do that deal, but I just don't think Butler fits long term here given his age, injury propensity and the huge payday he'll have due after this next season. So I'm inclined to take a step back in order to take two steps forward over the long haul. I'd deal Butler to Memphis for the 4th pick and Parsons and take Doncic if he's still available. If Doncic is not available, then I'd draft Jaren Jackson or Mo Bamba.

Id do that deal for Jimmy. I think they could even ask for more than a salary dump if they dealt Jimmy in that deal. I like the Bamba angle too.