Butler requests trade...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Butler requests trade...

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

according to Jon K. Gave Thibs a list of 1-3 teams he would sign an extension with, but they aren't mentioned. Lakers, Boston, ?. Let the trade proposals begin...
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Butler requests trade...

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Wow. What a baby.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

It'd be nice if the lying would just stop. John K tweeting it's a contractual thing while also saying he's willing to sign the same extension in a deal which he already turned down is just BS. Dump the bum to the Kings and let him enjoy the 82 game grind on a terrible team.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

khans2k5 wrote:It'd be nice if the lying would just stop. John K tweeting it's a contractual thing while also saying he's willing to sign the same extension in a deal which he already turned down is just BS. Dump the bum to the Kings and let him enjoy the 82 game grind on a terrible team.

I agree. Or just don't trade him at all. Thibs should play him 48 mins a game and other teams can see his durability up close.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Hopefully it turns out to be a benefit like Marbury and Garnett.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Well Thibs is officially in the hot water now. Yikes.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I don't know how to feel about this. Part of me is happy that at least we are moving toward resolution, and when I see rumors of Murray and Harris for Butler I get kind of excited (very unsubstantiated though, and unlikely that Denver would be a team on Jimmy's list). But mostly I hate seeing continued dysfunction on this team, and question the value we are going to get back. If it's just 1-3 teams, those teams are going to know they are in the driver's seat from a bargaining perspective, and that reduces what they feel they have to give up.

If Butler has given an ultimatum, Thibs has to trade him before the season starts...season ticket holders aren't going to tolerate paying to watch a team with a disgruntled lame duck as its best player.

Of course, we all want to blame someone, and there are multiple candidates. Butler, for bailing rather than trying to improve a situation. Thibs, for creating such a bad environment. Maybe KAT and Wig if their attitude is the reason Butler is leaving. Who knows? We just know that absent a surprisingly good return on the trade, these are dark days (again) for this franchise.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Jester1534 wrote:Hopefully it turns out to be a benefit like Marbury and Garnett.

What was the benefit of Marbury leaving? That was a mistake for Marbury more than anything. I think this will ultimately be a mistake for Butler too.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

Raise your hand if any of this surprises you! Anybody? Anybody? Bueler?

We have finally reached peak Wolves!