Butler injury speculation

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Wolvesfan21

Butler injury speculation

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

I hate to say it, that's a torn ACL if I've ever seen one. He's done of course this year, and most of next.

Maybe we can keep the missed playoff streak going. :cry:
TAFKASP

Re: Butler injury speculation

Post by TAFKASP »

We're number one!
We're number one!
We're number one!
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I've shown that play to some of my PT friends and they think it's an MCL injury. Let's hope so!
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Man, that looked ACL all the way to me. I stopped watching the game at that point.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are screwed. This will definitely drop us into the bottom of the playoff bracket, if we can even hang on to the playoffs. We'll be a sacrificial lamb for Houston or Golden State if we're lucky this year. Then next year, we'll have to start the season for 2-4 months without Butler, which will put us behind the 8 ball for sure.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, the first good season we have in 14 years couldn't last.

It's so hard to be a Timberwolves fan.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Hopefully the play from the last time he was out carries over and we have enough to make the playoffs. A first round exit with your best player out isn't a bad thing. Just get in and get Towns and Wiggins the experience. Time for Wiggins to step up again.

khans2k5 wrote:Hopefully the play from the last time he was out carries over and we have enough to make the playoffs. A first round exit with your best player out isn't a bad thing. Just get in and get Towns and Wiggins the experience. Time for Wiggins to step up again.

Yeah, this is just another opportunity for Wiggins to show if he's capable of shouldering the load. Everything we've seen thus far says that he cannot, but maybe something clicks. I'm not betting on it, but I'm hopeful.

Regardless, I bet we all wish we would have added a wing before the deadline now. This injury would be a little easier to deal with if Kent Bazemore or DeMarre Carroll was on the roster, or Marco Bellini, or Courtney Lee.

I'd like to see a Towns takeover, honestly. I think he's capable of the monstrous games that Anthony Davis is putting up without DeMarcus Cousins. Will we lean on him or will we leave this team's fate in Andrew Wiggins' [terrible] hands?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Camden0916 wrote:I'd like to see a Towns takeover, honestly. I think he's capable of the monstrous games that Anthony Davis is putting up without DeMarcus Cousins. Will we lean on him or will we leave this team's fate in Andrew Wiggins' [terrible] hands?

I agree with you on Towns but I'm much less worried about the offense because Towns, Wiggins and Teague can all step up their games. The problem is defensively. Even when the Wolves played well last time Butler was out the defense was obviously worse. Not quite at horrific levels but worse.

The other problem is let's say there is a decent wing player that gets cut loose on the buyout market. We are not the nobrainer playoffs team that hopes to make noise in the playoffs. We are just hoping to hold on to get that spot. We would have plenty of minutes though to offer. Who will be available? Tony Allen? Will we get an injury exception? Could that be enough for someone to want to take a buyout or just asked to be let go like Tyreke Evans? I know that's dreaming at this point.

It's not like there are exciting options left out on the street either. Anthony Morrow is probably the most accomplished wing out there based on the list I just looked at. Plus we have to make the move pretty quick if we want any guys we add to be eligible for the playoffs...if we can get there.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

khans2k5 wrote:Hopefully the play from the last time he was out carries over and we have enough to make the playoffs. A first round exit with your best player out isn't a bad thing. Just get in and get Towns and Wiggins the experience. Time for Wiggins to step up again.

If the choice is between a 7th or 8th seed and getting swept in a first round series versus ending up in the lottery, I'll take the lottery and another first round draft pick. Towns and Wiggins won't learn anything from getting their assess kicked by a FAR superior team.

Assuming Butler is in fact out the rest of the season, the only way to salvage this season would be Wiggins and Towns stepping up and carrying this team to a 6th place finish. Then Wiggins and Towns would have a meaningful, competitive first round playoff experience.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Camden wrote:I'd like to see a Towns takeover, honestly. I think he's capable of the monstrous games that Anthony Davis is putting up without DeMarcus Cousins. Will we lean on him or will we leave this team's fate in Andrew Wiggins' [terrible] hands?

I agree with you, Cam. But my guess is that Thibs will do what he did last season. He'll continue to put the ball in Wiggins' hands and ask him to do what everyone but Thibs seems to know Wiggins can't do. We'll see.