Got Some Nice Help Today

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Got Some Nice Help Today

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Thank you Celtics and Lakers. Three games clear of OKC and 3.5 on Portland.
Monster

Re: Got Some Nice Help Today

Post by Monster »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:Thank you Celtics and Lakers. Three games clear of OKC and 3.5 on Portland.

Yup
benthewolf [enjin:19020845]

Post by benthewolf [enjin:19020845] »

I hate that I track other teams losses, but yah, I do. Go Eastern Confernce, go Griz, go Mavs, go Kings.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Yes, good off-night for the Wolves. The Celtics are amazing. They parlayed the top pick of the 2017 draft into the 3rd pick and the Net's 2018 1st rounder. They selected Jason Tatum with the 3rd pick and he looks like the best player in the draft. They use the Nets 2018 pick to get a 25-year old allstar PG from Cleveland. They lost the guy they expected to be their 2nd best player, Gordon Hayward, at the beginning of the season and then moved forward starting a rookie and 2nd-year player. Yet, they've ended up with the best record in the East near the all-star break. Tonight they beat the Thunder without their best player/starting PG Kyrie Irving. From front office down through the coaching staff and the players, the Celtics have joined the Spurs as a model NBA organization.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I don't remember my stance when Kyrie Irving became available. I think I would have been fine with sending Andrew Wiggins and fillers for him, but I was also fine with management rolling the dice on the group they'd already assembled.

It is interesting to think about how this Wolves team would be with that threesome, though. Better or worse than they are now?
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

Camden0916 wrote:I don't remember my stance when Kyrie Irving became available. I think I would have been fine with sending Andrew Wiggins and fillers for him, but I was also fine with management rolling the dice on the group they'd already assembled.

It is interesting to think about how this Wolves team would be with that threesome, though. Better or worse than they are now?

The Kyrie trade would have had a unique domino effect on the roster that's hard to know which scenario would have been better for this season. At face value Kyrie/Butler/Towns is the better trio. That's not really a question. The domino effect with that trade though is the gaping hole on the wing it creates along with the awkward Teague situation. We probably have to lose Tyus to get that wing for the beginning of the year and then have to deal Teague for scraps at the deadline like a backup PG and more depth. Long-term I think Kyrie/Butler/Towns is championship caliber and has a nice age range for guys in their prime now along with Towns. Kyrie is a nice bridge between Jimmy and Towns. It's hard to predict the same with Wiggins, but the window with Wiggins and Towns is bigger so if it does become a championship caliber duo it will be the biggest window we have to win. I was pro-Kyrie trade even though I still like Wiggins potential as an all-star moving forward.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

khans2k5 wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:I don't remember my stance when Kyrie Irving became available. I think I would have been fine with sending Andrew Wiggins and fillers for him, but I was also fine with management rolling the dice on the group they'd already assembled.

The Kyrie trade would have had a unique domino effect on the roster that's hard to know which scenario would have been better for this season. At face value Kyrie/Butler/Towns is the better trio. That's not really a question. The domino effect with that trade though is the gaping hole on the wing it creates along with the awkward Teague situation. We probably have to lose Tyus to get that wing for the beginning of the year and then have to deal Teague for scraps at the deadline like a backup PG and more depth. Long-term I think Kyrie/Butler/Towns is championship caliber and has a nice age range for guys in their prime now along with Towns. Kyrie is a nice bridge between Jimmy and Towns. It's hard to predict the same with Wiggins, but the window with Wiggins and Towns is bigger so if it does become a championship caliber duo it will be the biggest window we have to win. I was pro-Kyrie trade even though I still like Wiggins potential as an all-star moving forward.

Good point about the domino effect, Kahns. But if we had kept Ricky and then dealt him and Wiggins for Kyrie, we would have had $5 million in cap space after signing Taj but before doing the deal for Kyrie. So we might have been able to sign CJ Miles or another decent wing. You're still right about the short-term issue at the wing position, but we might have been able to soften the blow while still ending up with a better overall team.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

lipoli390 wrote:
khans2k5 wrote:

Good point about the domino effect, Kahns. But if we had kept Ricky and then dealt him and Wiggins for Kyrie, we would have had $5 million in cap space after signing Taj but before doing the deal for Kyrie. So we might have been able to sign CJ Miles or another decent wing. You're still right about the short-term issue at the wing position, but we might have been able to soften the blow while still ending up with a better overall team.

All those Free agents like miles were signed already when the kyrie trade went down.

Not saying the trade shouldn't have been done but we wouldn't have had any wings this year minus jimmy.

Also kyrie was not even available when we had ricky. A lot of steps to go backwards to maybe save a couple million to maybe get Kyrie.
benthewolf [enjin:19020845]

Post by benthewolf [enjin:19020845] »

Utah is going to grab the 7 or 8 seed.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

benthewolf wrote:Utah is going to grab the 7 or 8 seed.

My God they have got themselves on a roll and look at some of the teams they have beaten. It looks like my guy Ricky Rubio is helping to lead the way too! May be Snyder is finally letting Ricky be Ricky because I see his assists are starting to pile up lately. If you are going to have him out there, you gotta give him some freedom to push the pace and make plays with the ball in his hands.