Hypothetical: If Cleveland wins the championship, how does Love react?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Mstermisty [enjin:6864008]

Hypothetical: If Cleveland wins the championship, how does Love react?

Post by Mstermisty [enjin:6864008] »

First off, I don't see Cleveland beating anybody that comes out of the West. But It's looking like at worst they have a great chance to get out of the East. And then anything could happen.

Personally I'm not a fan of Lebron or Kyrie and hope they lose. But also a part of me, just out of sheer sick curiosity, would like to see how Kevin Love reacts if they win the title.

Would he be joyously celebrating in the locker room? Quietly taking in the celebration standing in the corner? Or maybe already at home working on his next yoga video:

http://www.gameonyoga.com/kevin-love/

Thoughts?
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Hypothetical: If Cleveland wins the championship, how does Love react?

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I agree that it's a long shot for the Cavs to win the title, but with LeBron (and Kyrie), you can't rule it out.

I suspect that Love's agent is counseling him right now on the proper behavior if they win, and that he will act like the perfect teammate. Love is smart, but sometimes his emotions get in the way. His agent has to be telling him that acting like a good teammate will be invaluable in maximizing his value when it comes to his next contract. The media is going to be all over Love if the Cavs win, and in the past they have been successful in eliciting a controversial comment from him. I think that this time, though, Love will have weeks to practice some clichéd responses, and will leave the media (and Love-dislikers like me) disappointed.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I think Love will have an appropriate calculated response. It will be just as interesting if they do make it finals like I think they will and then not win. How much of it will be about not having Love? I don't think that will be much of a conversation in the media and will fuel Love into leaving.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

The East is looking pretty terrible at this point.

Maybe Atlanta can find its game again to give the Cavs a battle... but it's been even worse than I thought it would be. Atlanta looked TERRIBLE yesterday.

And once the Finals begin... it's all about matchups and anything can happen.
fiddlestyx [enjin:12735839]

Post by fiddlestyx [enjin:12735839] »

As someone else mentioned ... Love isn't a dummy, so I think he will be calculated in his responses. Though, in private, I think he'll be bitter because he wasn't involved in the playoff run. On the other hand, if they get to the finals and lose, I think it'll privately boost his ego and his own perceived value.