FA Predictions

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

FA Predictions

Post by bleedspeed »

It will be fun to monitor this. It will be pretty quite for us Wolves fans.

1. LeBron James: He will sign a two-year deal with a player option in Year 2 with the Cavaliers.
2. Kawhi Leonard: Max contract with the Spurs.
3. Marc Gasol: Max contract with the Grizzlies.
4. LaMarcus Aldridge: 4-year near-max with the Spurs.
5. Kevin Love: 5-year max with the Cavaliers.
6. Draymond Green: 5-year just under the max with the Warriors.
7. Jimmy Butler: 3-year max offer sheet with the Lakers, matched by the Bulls.
8. DeAndre Jordan: 4-year max with the Mavericks. Your time to shine, Ekpe Udoh!
9. Brook Lopez: 5-year max with the Nets. (Gulp.)
10. Tim Duncan: Like $3.50 or so with the Spurs.
11. Dwyane Wade: 5 years, $82 million with the Heat.
12. Brandon Knight: 5 years, $70 million with the Suns. (Thanks, early media reports!)
13. Goran Dragic: 5 years, $80 million with the Heat.
14. Danny Green: 4 years, $48 million with Your Sacramento Kings! (Wishful thinking.) (4 years, $48 million with the Blazers.)
15. Roy Hibbert: He opted in.
16. Greg Monroe: 2 years, $30 million with the Knicks.
17. Tristan Thompson: 5 years, $55 million with the Cavaliers.
18. Timofey Mozgov: The team picked up his option.
19. Paul Millsap: 2 years, $38 million with the Rockets.
20. Khris Middleton: 4 years, $40 million with the Bucks.
21. Robin Lopez: 2 years, $18 million with the Lakers.
22. DeMarre Carroll: 4 years, $40 million with the Hawks.
23. Thaddeus Young: 4 years, $44 million with the Nets.
24. Wesley Matthews: 4 years, $52 million with the Mavericks, last year only $2 million guaranteed.
25. Eric Gordon: He opted in.
26. Al Jefferson: He opted in.
27. Tobias Harris: 4 years, $40 million with the Celtics.
28. Reggie Jackson: 4 years, $42 million with the Pistons.
29. Monta Ellis: 3 years, $33 million with the Kings. Yeah, I know.
30. Jae Crowder: 4 years, $28 million with the Celtics.
31. Lou Williams: 3 years, $30 million with the Mavericks. No, I don't know how they are affording all of these players. I'm bad at math, OK?
32. Tyson Chandler: 2-year mini mid-level with the Clippers.
33. Rodney Stuckey: 3-year mid-level with Hawks, team option after Year 2.
34. Ed Davis: 2 years, $18 million with Celtics.
35. Iman Shumpert: 4 years, $36 million with Cavaliers.
36. Luol Deng: He opted in.
37. Jared Dudley: 3-year mid-level with Raptors.
38. Kosta Koufos: 2 years, $15 million with Grizzlies.
39. Arron Afflalo: 4 years, $44 million with Knicks.
40. Patrick Beverley: 4-year mid-level with Bulls.
41. David West: 2 years, $12 million with Knicks.
42. Paul Pierce: 2 years, $10 million with Lakers (!) with player option for Year 2.
43. Brandan Wright: 1 year, $5 million or something with Mavericks.
44. Jeff Green: He opted in.
45. Corey Brewer: 4-year full mid-level with Kings. Ugh.
46. Al-Farouq Aminu: 2-year mid-level with Pelicans.
47. Omer Asik: 4 years, $40 million with Pelicans.
48. Josh Smith: 2 years, $15 million with Rockets.
49. Amir Johnson: 3 years, $30 million with Pacers.
50. Enes Kanter: 4 years, $40 million with Thunder.
AbeVigodaLive

Re: FA Predictions

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Per my recent topic du jour... I expect to see a lot more 1- and 2-year deals. There's just SO MUCH money coming, I don't see why guys wouldn't want to wait a bit and see what they can get. For example, Aldridge can sign a 2-year deal now... and sign another 2-year deal down the line and get possibly $30M or more over the life of the contract.

Of course, they'd be banking on themselves a bit... but hubris usually isn't a problem for pro athletes.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Per my recent topic du jour... I expect to see a lot more 1- and 2-year deals. There's just SO MUCH money coming, I don't see why guys wouldn't want to wait a bit and see what they can get. For example, Aldridge can sign a 2-year deal now... and sign another 2-year deal down the line and get possibly $30M or more over the life of the contract.

Of course, they'd be banking on themselves a bit... but hubris usually isn't a problem for pro athletes.

On a Sunday night podcast with Marc Stein and Some other espn guys (Flip called in that's why I listened) before Flip came on they were talking about FA and Love was discussed. The 5 year max deal was said for sure on the table and Love may consider it with his injury history. The probl besides leaving some money on the table is that he could be traded even next season and So Love wouldn't control his place he could go. With the 2 year deal with a player option he would have a no-trade clause. I don't see the Cavs trading him this season but a year or so down the road Loves contract could be more appealing as time goes on and the cap goes up. I don't know if anyone saw the tweet from a couple days that had a pic of Lebron and Love at a pool some where.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Wow Bleed! You really went all out with a long list of predictions. I disagree with several but I got to hand it to you for the depth you went into with this mediocre pool of free agents.

I think Pat Beverly will make more than the mid-level and while I like his fit with the Bulls a lot I think he signs elsewhere. Greg Monroe will sign a four year deal with the Knicks and David West probably wants no part of that Knicks mess. The Blazers will be quite in FA since they appear to be rebuilding so I don't think they are going to sign any large contracts.

Where is your Rajon Rondo prediction? I think he signs either in LA or with (drum roll please.....) SACRAMENTO! I so wish that this happens. George Karl would probably retire out of spite and Boogie and Rajon could run the madhouse! That would be so so so much fun.
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

Definitely agree with Volans, you went all out lol, but I think we would have been alright without salaries lol. I'm sure that took some time.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

$hit I forgot the source.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

Aldridge to the Lakers
Jordan to the Clippers
Monroe to the Knicks
Rondo to the Kings
Tyson Chandler to the Bucks

Those are my 5 predictions.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Is anyone else stunned at some of these numbers? Jay-Z is talking about 3 years and $60 million for Brook Lopez who's played 61 games the past two seasons (Pek has played 85!). 4 years and $50 million for Thad Young...Thad's a nice offensive player and a good guy, but $12.5 million per for a guy who can't rebound and doesn't play very good defense? And Kevin Love is rumored to get $100 million for five years...astounding to me for a guy with modest stats last year, a history of not winning, and rumors of recurring back issues that held him back last year. It's a league gone mad!
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

longstrangetrip wrote:Is anyone else stunned at some of these numbers? Jay-Z is talking about 3 years and $60 million for Brook Lopez who's played 61 games the past two seasons (Pek has played 85!). 4 years and $50 million for Thad Young...Thad's a nice offensive player and a good guy, but $12.5 million per for a guy who can't rebound and doesn't play very good defense? And Kevin Love is rumored to get $100 million for five years...astounding to me for a guy with modest stats last year, a history of not winning, and rumors of recurring back issues that held him back last year. It's a league gone mad!

This is what I've been telling you guys.

It's going to get crazier... watch. The league we've known is changing... now.
Monster

Post by Monster »

longstrangetrip wrote:Is anyone else stunned at some of these numbers? Jay-Z is talking about 3 years and $60 million for Brook Lopez who's played 61 games the past two seasons (Pek has played 85!). 4 years and $50 million for Thad Young...Thad's a nice offensive player and a good guy, but $12.5 million per for a guy who can't rebound and doesn't play very good defense? And Kevin Love is rumored to get $100 million for five years...astounding to me for a guy with modest stats last year, a history of not winning, and rumors of recurring back issues that held him back last year. It's a league gone mad!

Nothing has changed the nets are desparate. When Thad opted out you knew the Nets would pay up. Someone was gonna pay Lopez we all know that. There are plenty of teams that would be willing to sign Love for 20 million a year even if the cap wasn't going up.