Henderson? Turiaf?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Henderson? Turiaf?

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Wolfson has hinted that Flip is interested in both of these guys. Why? I understand why a team would want them, but I feel like we are pretty full on the rotation. Also, I think I'd rather give Chris Johnson a roster spot over Turiaf. I feel like most Wolves fans would agree.

Henderson though? I would have been pretty happy about this pre-Martin and Brewer signings, but isn't it kind of late now? We have Bud, Martin, Brewer, Shabazz, Shved and DWill/Cunningham that can play on the wing.

Maybe neither of these guys even come close to signing with Minnesota. All specualtion right now.
KiwiMatt

Re: Henderson? Turiaf?

Post by KiwiMatt »

No and No.

Resign Pek and lets roll with what we have. I for one am happy with the roster. We probably could do with another big to round out the roster, but Turiaf is well over the hill. I like Chris Johnson and what he brings (athleticism, energy, and occassional defence), exactly what you need from and want from an end of bench guy.

It's being reported that we signed Turiaf. Ugh. I hope it's non guaranteed.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

My god, 3.2M for two years. This move makes no sense. It's nice to have depth but if it comes down to Turiaf and and CJ I'm taking CJ every time

Why Flip. Why. I dig all of the other moves this off-season, but what's the need for Turiaf?
worldK

Post by worldK »

Il be fine with turiaf as a 3rd center behind pek and dieng and as a vet on the team. He could be a good vet to take dieng under his wing as he is a good shot blocker and dieng is projected to be that.

I view johnson more as a pf. He will be fine as the 3rd string pf behind love and dante.

I like henderson, but agree with camden, with martin on board and brewer on board, he doesnt make sense for the team anmore.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Apparently Flip was exploring a deal for Henderson before reaching agreement with Martin. So the Wolves are not currently pursuing Henderson. I was told today by a reliable source that the Wolves are done and will move forward with who they have unless someone blows them away with an unexpected offer they can't refuse.

lipoli390 wrote:Apparently Flip was exploring a deal for Henderson before reaching agreement with Martin. So the Wolves are not currently pursuing Henderson. I was told today by a reliable source that the Wolves are done and will move forward with who they have unless someone blows them away with an unexpected offer they can't refuse.

Martin > Henderson. I'll take that. And they are capped out lol. Only move I could see is a DWill trade and that's not happening either.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I like the signing of Turiaf. I have liked him for years and thought he was underrated and will be a good backup big.

I think the dream senario for me would have been. Doing the Martin trade, resigning Ak47 for 2yr and $14M, signing Koufus as the back center at 2yr $6M, Signing F Garcia at 2yr 4M.
MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402]

Post by MinnesotaJock [enjin:6589402] »

The ultimate question is, will we get to see these Turiaf reactions on our bench?

[youtube]10Ud9IqIo2Q[/youtube]
[youtube]mYLrJYwHRKo[/youtube]
[youtube]K1hwOyPQZgk[/youtube]
[youtube]wVNvHMjwgAU[/youtube]

The answer is: I hope so.