The next coach of the minnesota timberwolves is?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

The next coach of the minnesota timberwolves is?

Post by kekgeek »

SAM MITCHELL!!!!

Now I know it isn't a done deal but I trust AP sports guy over anyone in the biz about the wolves

Check out @APkrawczynski's Tweet: https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/status/703341143682105344?s=09
TeamRicky [enjin:6648771]

Re: The next coach of the minnesota timberwolves is?

Post by TeamRicky [enjin:6648771] »

I am fearful of this too. Glen may feel indebted to Sam for taking over and he's Flip's guy, so Glen may not be eager to let Sam go. Glen is too loyal and Sam is fighting to keep his job and has a load of excuses. Look, Kahn and McFail were dreadful but Glen took his sweet time in firing them. That's why I like the losses now. Not only does this increase the odds of Glen not extending Sam but it helps our lottery chances. I wish the season ticket holders and fans united and petitioned for a new coach directly to Glen.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

The mentions are highly entertaining. Nice to see that not even Minnesota Nice will support Sam Mitchell going forward. Gaaaaawd this is so ridiculous.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Taylor making another play for the worst owner in sports.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Kaplan to the rescue. Might be a year later than we wanted, but something tells me he's no Sam Mitchell fan.
Mstermisty [enjin:6864008]

Post by Mstermisty [enjin:6864008] »

I'll give props to Mitchell. He took over a terrible situation, lost a close friend, and yet grabbed his lunch pail and went to work. I've never faulted his effort or desire to succeed. But the reality is, he's just not a top level NBA coach. He doesn't think the game like the top guys do, much less the average ones. Then beyond that his berating style of dealing with players is questionable. And in a 40 game stretch we barely won more games than last years putrid team...that pretty much says it all.

We can find someone better. Much better. Taylor and company have to see that right?
KiwiMatt

Post by KiwiMatt »

I'm all for Sam Mitchel staying on............ As an assistant coach under Tom Thibodeau.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Almost unfathomable if by any other team... Yet predictable by the wolves.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Almost unfathomable if by any other team... Yet predictable by the wolves.

Thibs to Minny is always been a pipedream. Glen doesn't know him, and he's not going to care enough to learn about him. He doesn't know good GMs and good coaches from bad coaches. He likes Sam because he knows Sam. That's really all that has ever mattered to Taylor
Monster

Post by Monster »

Let's see how things play out before going on suicide watch here.

Early in the season when he Wolves were playing well a few of us were wondering if maybe Sam was the guy for the job beyond this year. A few weeks later Sam and the team looked dead in the water. For a few weeks now the team has played better basketball and it's been doing it leaning more on the young players than ever. If they keep playing the way they have been this latest stretch yeah I could see Sam keeping his job. It's also possible this team goes into another tailspin. Let's see how it plays out.

I get people want an upgrade from Mitchell but I still don't have a guy I feel really solid on with one possible exception. I don't feel like some of the young up and comers are a no brainer. I don't feel like some of the other guys that have been fired are no brainers. To me the only guy Insee and an absolute no brainer and that's Thibs. I'm really warming up to that idea but it does feel like a pipe dream to a certain extent. Thibs has some warts too but Intend to think he has done so much positive he is obviously the best coach available and he coaches defense which looks to be the biggest issue for this team right now. Now don't get me wrong there are probably a number (maybe a large number) of coaches that are better than Sam but other than Thibs nobody really strikes me but I am just a fan.

One last thought. It's a players league. Jon K. A few weeks ago came out with a bombshell about how over half the team had 3 main issues with Sam and the coaching staff. What are the players feeling now? Who has sway or is speaking up? Has Sam and his staff changed their approach some? Have the players seen some of what Sam and his staff were attempting to do actually did make sense and more on board? Idk but it's something I think will either matter before the decision is made or down the line later if Sam keeps the job and if he isn't the guy to take this team to the next level.

What if the Wolves keep Sam and bring in a defensive guru which is what many wanted to see happen last offseason and or another top level assistant coach?