Off-Season Trade Discussion

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537]

Off-Season Trade Discussion

Post by 12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537] »

With a significant gap remaining between the Wolves current financial standing and the salary floor, I'm curious how much Layden dives into the trading market to make up the difference. With the free agency thread becoming mammoth, I was hoping to separate into a different thread for trading. I mostly follow this blog and Bleacher Report for all updates, but I'm curious if you all have interesting Timberwolves trade rumors that caught your eye.
60WinTim

Re: Off-Season Trade Discussion

Post by 60WinTim »

It sure would help if there was a website that showed everyone's rosters, including the FA agreements that have been made, and their current non-committed FAs. Any suggestions?
TAFKASP

Re: Off-Season Trade Discussion

Post by TAFKASP »

12218085 bestfour wrote:With a significant gap remaining between the Wolves current financial standing and the salary floor, I'm curious how much Layden dives into the trading market to make up the difference. With the free agency thread becoming mammoth, I was hoping to separate into a different thread for trading. I mostly follow this blog and Bleacher Report for all updates, but I'm curious if you all have interesting Timberwolves trade rumors that caught your eye.

They don't have to reach the cap floor, any amount below the cap is simply divided evenly among the roster they do field. They're better off doing that than overpaying some scrub to make the cap and pissing off their existing players. At this point I doubt we see any significant moves, via free agency or trade, and I'd prefer that rather see them negatively impact their flexibility going forward.