Souhan: Mitchell, Wolves not the right fit

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed

Souhan: Mitchell, Wolves not the right fit

Post by bleedspeed »

http://www.startribune.com/mitchell-wolves-not-the-right-fit/365382661/

Bring on Kevin McHale? (please no - Love the guy and think he is a good coach but this team needs to break clean of that cycle)
Timberpups [enjin:15163817]

Re: Souhan: Mitchell, Wolves not the right fit

Post by Timberpups [enjin:15163817] »

I'd take McHale back at this point. Huge upgrade over Mitchell. :thumb:
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I agree, but I want a 3 year solution. I think Kevin would get in Taylors head and end up as PBO again.
Timberpups [enjin:15163817]

Post by Timberpups [enjin:15163817] »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I agree, but I want a 3 year solution. I think Kevin would get in Taylors head and end up as PBO again.

Who is at the top of your list to replace Sam?
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I am not sure, but I want a PoBO before another coach. I can dream of coaches like Thibs and Van Gundy, but am not sure they come here with out a PoBO that can sell them on the job.
Monster

Post by Monster »

If you dump Sam as a coach in season it has to be for a guy you are absolutely positive is going to be here for the next 3 years. If you bring in another coach just to get a good look or whatever that's pretty dysfunctional.

McHale? His history with the team makes things weird. Glen won't always be the owner of this team so that means McHale wouldn't be here forever if he wasn't successful. McHale doesn't seem like a power hungry guy either. He has a connection to KG. I'm not really advocating for McHale as coach however he loves matchups and unique players and the Wolves have a slew of those type guys on the roster. Souhan is right he would be fantastic for this team offensively. Oh and McHale came from and organization that values the 3 and seems to have really embraced that aspect of the game...man I'm really talking myself into this...when can he start? Lol jk
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Not sure about McHale as an interim coach, but it can't be any worse than what we have now. But in regard to Souhan's comments on Mitchell I have just one thing to say - "Duh". It shouldn't have taken someone in the twin cities media this long to come to these conclusions.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Glen is just waiting for someone to come ask him for the POBO/Coach job like Flip did, that way he doesn't have to do any work, he can just go back to napping.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I think that is unfair to Taylor. He didn't want Flip doing both jobs and I am sure he will caution having someone do both jobs again. I would like to see him hire a POBO before the end of the season and even that person could bring in his GM and be looking for coaches. I don't want to make knee jerk reaction changes in the short term.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I think that is unfair to Taylor. He didn't want Flip doing both jobs and I am sure he will caution having someone do both jobs again. I would like to see him hire a POBO before the end of the season and even that person could bring in his GM and be looking for coaches. I don't want to make knee jerk reaction changes in the short term.

The rub is that the dual gig might be the carrot that lands a leading candidate...