John Wall 5 years 80 million

General NBA News
Monster

John Wall 5 years 80 million

Post by Monster »

Ok this isn't really Wolves related, but what do you think about this? I hate to say it, but I am not that impressed with Wall considering the hype (especially now at that price) and he has had injury issues and I am not sure about his shot. He is really gettin paid. Thoughts?

Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Re: John Wall 5 years 80 million

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

Dang, my picture ain't coming up. Weird... Oh well. Anyways.
Over-pay, but he is really good. He will show a big improvement next year.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

He's worth it. If you noticed last year once Wall came back to the Wizards, I think they played over .500 ball the rest of the way. He's a good talent and I applaud Washington for getting him locked up.

After next season, I wouldn't be surprised to see contract extension talk between MIN and Rubio.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

Ricky will get this
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I remember the Wolves vs. Wizards game vividly from last season. Rubio took over defensively in the 4th as the Wizards started kicking the ball all over the place. Wall had a decent game.

BUT...

With about a minute left... he dribbled the entire possession before launching a contested 3 point shot (down by 1 point?). His team lost. And, I ripped Wall everywhere the next day.

At that point in the season, he was something like 4 - 55 on 3 pointers. I know becoming a star is an evolution. But that decision-making or carelessness on that particular play was mind-boggling awful. He sabotaged his own team.

[Note: Immediately after that game, Washington started to play much better and Wall hit something like 4 or 5 three pointers in a row over the next few games. Still a dumb shot in that situation though.]
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I don't believe Brad Beal played in that game so I'll ask you this, who on the Wizards do you want taking big shots in clutch situations? Wall's their guy. Of course he's taking those shots, especially with Beal out of the lineup.
foye2smith [enjin:6593248]

Post by foye2smith [enjin:6593248] »

Camden wrote:I don't believe Brad Beal played in that game so I'll ask you this, who on the Wizards do you want taking big shots in clutch situations? Wall's their guy. Of course he's taking those shots, especially with Beal out of the lineup.

I don't think Abe has any issue with Wall taking the big shot. It was just a terrible shot for him to take. Down 1, having sticky hands with the ball, and launching a 3 is a dumb move.

AbeVigodaLive wrote: I know becoming a star is an evolution. But that decision-making or carelessness on that particular play was mind-boggling awful. He sabotaged his own team.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

A guy shooting 7% on three pointers for the season took a 25-foot shot with 7 seconds on the shot clock... in a 1 point game.

The problem isn't with who took the shot. It's that the $80M guy who is supposed to be the proverbial QB of the team took such a ridiculously bad one in that situation.

It might have been the dumbest clutch shot of the 2013 NBA season. That's not an exaggeration.
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:A guy shooting 7% on three pointers for the season took a 25-foot shot with 7 seconds on the shot clock... in a 1 point game.

The problem isn't with who took the shot. It's that the $80M guy who is supposed to be the proverbial QB of the team took such a ridiculously bad one in that situation.

It might have been the dumbest clutch shot of the 2013 NBA season. That's not an exaggeration.

LOL

I know the Wizards played alot better after Wall was healthy and I don't want to take anything away from them or Wall, but they were starting AJ Price at PG who is pretty damn awful. He might have been the worst backup PG in the league he is maybe a decent 3rd PG and he was starting. Wall was such a massive upgrade at that position its hard to even quantify. Its almost like the were playing 4 on 5 out there before Wall showed up and got back into the swing of things.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Personally I do not like the signing at all for the Wiz. I think Wall is the most overrated player in the NBA, I will list the PG I would rather have before him in no particular order.

Rondo
Deron Williams
Kyle Lowery
Drose
Irving
Jeff Teague
Dragic
Paul
Curry
Westbrook
Lillard
Rubio
Lawson
Parker
Holliday
Conley

IMO I don't think the sixteenth best PG should be getting max money. The only players on my list that I think are arguable to being worse than Wall are Conley, Dragic, Teague Lowery so even if those players are worse than Wall he is still not a top ten PG in the NBA