Am I the only one totally sick of Love's shtick?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Am I the only one totally sick of Love's shtick?

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Let's see...Guys that Love has called out to the media after tough losses:

1) Martin
2) the entire bench
3) JJ and Cunningham

One guy Love never calls out:

1) Kevin "Superstar" Love

I want to like this guy because he is such a great basketball player, but I find him completely unlikable. Two games ago, he misses four free throws down the stretch in a critical loss to Dallas. And tonight he shoots 20%, both in total and on threes, in an even more critical loss to Phoenix. And what does he decide to talk about in his post-game chat with his buddy Jerry Zgoda? (Insert 3-year-old whining voice here): "JJ and Dante weren't looking happy on the bench. They weren't cheering for me, so I couldn't do my best. Rick, you need to talk to them, because they're making me play poorly".

A team is only as good as its leadership, and the Wolves' star is a divider, not a leader. I'm convinced everyone plays a little tighter at the end of games, because they are worried about what Kevin is going to say to Zgoda. And that's how you end up 0-10 in close games. Jesus, Kevin, you just shot 4 for 20 and it's JJ and Dante's fault? Step up and be a leader, instead of continually whining about the other guys on the team.

I've had it with this guy.

Cue the choir of Kevin Love apologists in 3...2...1
TravisT [enjin:6669699]

Re: Am I the only one totally sick of Love's shtick?

Post by TravisT [enjin:6669699] »

I've never liked Love as a person. He seems whiny and arrogant, but with that being said I still want him on this team because of his talent. Some of the biggest pricks in the league were winners and fans just have to put up with it. Hey, at least he hasn't punched anybody who's on a training table yet. But I do agree with you. The public call outs need to stop. This is dialog that needs to be discussed and hashed out internally with the team. It's getting old...
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

Im in the "who cares?" camp. Id rather have good basketball players then good guys.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

Michael Jordan seems like an a-hole too.

alexftbl8181 wrote:Im in the "who cares?" camp. Id rather have good basketball players then good guys.

And how's that working out for us? Most of the national media talk about the talent on this team, and wonder why they are underachieving so much. The fact of the matter is we have good basketball players, we just don't have a good leader. Come on, do you really think Phoenix has better basketball players than the Wolves? Look at the 5 they started last night compared to our starting 5 (and don't bring up the bench, because our bench outscored them), and try to make any argument that our guys aren't twice as good. There has to be another reason Phoenix is better than we are, and it's not because they have better players.

Like I said, I am stunned that any player could be such an incredible prima donna to call out two guys for body language after going 4 for 20! And by the way, Adelman has to take some of the blame for allowing this to happen. He, or somebody else, needs to get in Kevin's face and tell him he is bringing this team down, and the record isn't going to change if he doesn't.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

longstrangetrip wrote:
alexftbl8181 wrote:Im in the "who cares?" camp. Id rather have good basketball players then good guys.

And how's that working out for us? Most of the national media talk about the talent on this team, and wonder why they are underachieving so much. The fact of the matter is we have good basketball players, we just don't have a good leader. Come on, do you really think Phoenix has better basketball players than the Wolves? Look at the 5 they started last night compared to our starting 5 (and don't bring up the bench, because our bench outscored them), and try to make any argument that our guys aren't twice as good. There has to be another reason Phoenix is better than we are, and it's not because they have better players.

Like I said, I am stunned that any player could be such an incredible prima donna to call out two guys for body language after going 4 for 20! And by the way, Adelman has to take some of the blame for allowing this to happen. He, or somebody else, needs to get in Kevin's face and tell him he is bringing this team down, and the record isn't going to change if he doesn't.

The timing was poor. Or unfortunate... depending on your viewpoint.
And I agree that Love could show more humility at times. Like admitting he choked vs. the Clips on the bunny or on the line vs. OKC.

But with the season he's had, is he supposed to hold his tongue just because he had a bad game at the same time Barea and Cunningham throw a hissy fit on the bench?

Is he only allowed to TRY to be a "leader" when he shoots 46% or higher?

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

And I agree that Love could show more humility at times. Like admitting he choked vs. the Clips on the bunny or on the line vs. OKC.

But with the season he's had, is he supposed to hold his tongue just because he had a bad game at the same time Barea and Cunningham throw a hissy fit on the bench?

Fair point, Abe. If I can push myself into a more charitable feeling, this team is crying out for leadership and Love is perhaps just trying to fill that gap. I just don't think he has any concept about how to do it in a constructive manner.

Great stats don't give a player the right to be an asshole.
alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741]

Post by alexftbl8181 [enjin:6648741] »

longstrangetrip wrote:

Eh I don't see prima donna. If JJ and Dante weren't' engaged at the end like Love said then they should get bitched out. Id rather see some fire and some passion about losing these games then Love giving the typical "well we just didn't execute down the stretch" kind of responses players usually give.
bleedspeed

Post by bleedspeed »

I think we will have to wait and see how Adelman handles it. If they are not engaged I expect them not to see the floor. I would get ready for more AJ Price and whoever will replace Cunningham. (sign Varnado)
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

longstrangetrip wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:

Fair point, Abe. If I can push myself into a more charitable feeling, this team is crying out for leadership and Love is perhaps just trying to fill that gap. I just don't think he has any concept about how to do it in a constructive manner.

Great stats don't give a player the right to be an asshole.

The guy played one season of college ball. Then, joined the WORST organization in the NBA, with the WORST management team. Love's never been part of a winning team... or even an average one before. I'm not surprised he doesn't seem to be much of a leader.

I'm not making an excuse for Love... his leadership skills just seem to be lacking. And his reluctance to take the brunt of the blame at times is disconcerting. I'm just pointing out that it shouldn't be shocking.