(Unlikely) Trade For LaMarcus Aldridge

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Camden [enjin:6601484]

(Unlikely) Trade For LaMarcus Aldridge

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Now, I know this would almost never happen, but it was a late night thought and thought it would be an interesting topic. Aldridge has supposedly expressed that he'd like to be traded. What if there was a legitimate way to acquire him? S/A Pekovic and ? to Portland for Aldridge and a filler if need be.

Could you imagine Love and Aldridge as our frontcourt? Yeesh. Only bad thing is that he's a free agent after 2015 I believe, which might be reason enough to not trade for him. Still fun to think about it lol.
60WinTim

Re: (Unlikely) Trade For LaMarcus Aldridge

Post by 60WinTim »

I have never cared for Aldridge's game. He is far too perimeter oriented.

Now, that might be a good thing in Adelman's offsense. But he just has never appealed to me.
observerII [enjin:6598557]

Post by observerII [enjin:6598557] »

With LA and KL firing up 30-footers, JJ could play center. :idea:
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

If Pek can stay healthy, I prefer the combination of Love and Pek to Love and LMA.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

LA needs to play next to a guy like Pek, not Love.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

LA is going to a big market. There is exactly zero chance of him re-signing in MN. He's declaring he wants out of Portland right when it looks like they are starting to build something. I would expect him to get traded to a team on the cusp for prospects and picks. The Knicks will have money, Dallas might have money, the Lakers might have money. There will be plenty of big market teams that will have money to sign him, so Portland will look to deal him before he leaves and I'm not sure how much they'll get back given how much he wants to go to a big market. I wouldn't trade for him just because I know he's leaving when his contract is up. I would definitely try a 3 way deal to get Tyson Chandler and Allen Crabbe, LA goes to NY and Pek and D Will go to Portland next summer. No chance in he!! it happens, but it's fun to dream.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

My views of LMA have changed over the past year. This dude is really good. I know that if you look at some of the individual box score stat metrics - PER, Win Shares, etc. - he doesn't quite hit the level of Love or Pek. And his game does come off as a bit soft (he tends to mostly shoot mid-range jumpers and is an average rebounder at best).

But.....If you look at some of the advanced On/Off numbers, he is a stud, especially on defense. And this isn't just a one-year phenomena (On/Off numbers can be noisy, so you have to look at them over extended periods of time). His presence on the floor has consistently had a huge impact on overall team effectiveness.

My point isn't to suggest that I would pro-actively look to trade Pek for Aldridge. I'm just not nearly as against that concept as I once was based on looking deeper into his On/Off numbers.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

khans2k5 wrote:I would definitely try a 3 way deal to get Tyson Chandler and Allen Crabbe, LA goes to NY and Pek and D Will go to Portland next summer. No chance in he!! it happens, but it's fun to dream.

God I would love this. It would be have to be sign and trade.

To Portland: Pek (4/48) and Dwill
To Minnesota: Tyson Chandler and Joel Freelend (Bleh)
To Knicks: LaMarcus Aldridge and picks.

Will never happen, but I would be so happy. I:
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Ouch, Jakapoo! Pek and Williams both for a 31 year old center with career point and rebound averages of 8.7 and 9.1? Seems like way too much for Chandler.
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

I am a life long Longhorn fan I've always like LA game but honestly of we were to get him we would have to give up Love. I don't think they would be a great fit together, however I do believe Love is the better player Aldridge might be the better fit with Pek and Rubio. He has a little bit more athletic ability and more of a KG type offensive player which would fit real nice with Pek.