Minutes distribution

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Minutes distribution

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

Was wondering what you guys think how the minutes should go and where people should people should be playing.

At PG Rubio 35 minutes, Shved 8 and Barea 5
At SG Martin 28 minutes, Shved 5, Barea 5 and Bazz 10
At SF Brewer 20 minutes, Bud 20, DWill 8
At PF Love 35 minutes, DWill 7, Turiaf 6
At C Pek 32 minutes, Dieng 12, Turiaf 4

Reserves Hummel, Cunningham, Johnson

Send Brown over to Europe like Hummel for a year
12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537]

Re: Minutes distribution

Post by 12218085 bestfour [enjin:6592537] »

Less minutes for Turiaf, Brewer, Rubio (IMO, too much minutes for the long term aspect of Rubios knee), and Barea (prefer if we traded him). More minutes for Johnson and Cunningham. Sorry I'm a perfectionist :p Everything else seems spot on to me. I liked it! :)
worldK

Post by worldK »

I think it will be a much simpler 10 man rotation.

sf brewer - bud 24-24 split or something close
pf love-(dw or dante) 35-13
c pek - turiaf 32-12 with love or dw/dante getting some time at c.
pg rubio-jj 35-13
sg martin-shved 30-15 with jj getting about 3 here.

The biggest training camp battle will be dante vs dw on who will be a better and more efefctive backup for love. Last season, we all expected dw to be the main backup pf with dante as the 3rd string pf. However, cunningham played better than we all expected and when love was healthy, it was dw who became the 3rd string pf with dante being the main backup to love.

Talent wise, dw has more talent, but as a backup, dante seems the better fit. DW is a guy who needed touches and shots to be effective last season, hopefully he learns to play more within the system and try to contribute to the team in other aspects other than scoring. If he can do that then he will be a key bench guy for us. I donbt see him playing the 3 this season especially since we have 5 wings competeing for minutes there already.

Bazz, dieng and cj wont get much playing time to start the season, but i feel better with them on the end of the bench as they give us a good depth. Dieng and cj could also earn playing time over turiaf and bazz could earn pt over shved if ronnie and alexey struggled.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

PG: Rubio (32), Shved (10), Barea (6)
SG: Martin (30), Brewer (12), Shved (6)
SF: Williams (20), Budinger (20), Brewer (8)
PF: Love (34), Williams (8), Cunningham (6)
C: Pekovic (32), Turiaf (10), Dieng (6)

DNP: Chris Johnson, *Shabazz Muhammad, *Robbie Hummel

I've already stated my reasons for why I think D-Will should start. I also think his game is going to keep progressing as it has since his rookie year. Should I be wrong about his progression, Cunningham's role on this team is increased and I'm fine with that.

I have asterisks next to Shabazz and Hummel's name for these reasons. Maybe it would be best to have Shabazz play a year in the D-League. There's a ton of wings on this team and I don't think he can get significant minutes, so it might be smart to have him start there for a year. I'm not 100% sure how that would work with roster spots, but I think it's an idea that should be looked at. It's like that kid in high school that's good enough to be on the varsity team's bench, but if he started on JV he'd be better for it in the long run. Chris Paul did that in high school. He practiced with both varsity and JV as an underclassman, but he was primarily a stud for his JV team before his junior year. That's a little off topic, but still somewhat relevant to what I mean. OKC's Jeremy Lamb playing in the D-League is a good example.

If Shabazz doesn't go the D-League route, he'd really have to battle for minutes and maybe steal some from Shved if he struggles. Other than Shved, everyone else is pretty much proven and likely won't lose minutes to Shabazz. D-League is looking like a good option to me. Remember, Shabazz is only 20 years old.

Hummel has an asterisk by his name because it's not a sure thing Minnesota will add him to the roster. I could easily see them keeping a roster spot open for that "just in case" scenario.
Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498]

Post by Riverside_Viking [enjin:6662498] »

12218085 bestfour wrote:Less minutes for Turiaf, Brewer, Rubio (IMO, too much minutes for the long term aspect of Rubios knee), and Barea (prefer if we traded him). More minutes for Johnson and Cunningham. Sorry I'm a perfectionist :p Everything else seems spot on to me. I liked it! :)

This is Rubio second full offseason from knee surgery the knee should be completely healed by now and he is easily the second best player on this team and in my eyes the important member of this team and its future we need to play him as many minutes as possible. Lat season I would completely agree that we need to take it slow....... This is the year he proves he's back
worldK

Post by worldK »

Cam, I agree on the part of letting shabazz play and develop in the d-league at least for the first few months. It seems shabazz is in the process of changing his game and being more unselfish and trying to develop his right hand, using the d-league to get him game time to make those adjustments to his game is a smart move. Thats what the d-league is for anyway.

However, There are 2 things that i dont agree with in your posts.

1. I dont think shved will play over jj especially as the backup pg. JJ will get his minutes as usual. He is not going to be a 3rd string pg getting 6mins a night. He will be the chief backup pg and even get some burn playing with rubio if he gets on a hot streak.

2. No way adelman uses an 11 man rotation. He will stick with a 10 man rotation at most. Adelman has always preferred a 9man rotation. But with the depth we have and the injuries we have the last year, adelman will watch the minutes more closely this year and 10man rotation would be something i can see him doing.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I could see Shved getting more minutes at backup PG because he's a better floor general than Barea. I could just as well be wrong. And who do you think won't get minutes? Cunningham?
worldK

Post by worldK »

It will be cunningham vs dw in my view.

Love,rubio,pek,martin,brew,bud and jj will get regular minutes. Turiaf will get time but also will have games where he wont play if we are againts smaller teams like steimsma last year.

The post i have above is how i see the rotation unfolding. It will be dante or dw getting the backup pf minutes and some minutes as well with love playing c.

Bazz, dieng, cj wont play much. Shved minutes might depend on how jj is performing.