Post by Squishypoo [enjin:6648839] »

:)
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Re: Wes Johnson to lakers.

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

Source: Wesley Johnson off to L.A.
Updated: July 14, 2013, 1:59 AM ET
ESPN.com news services

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to a one-year contract with small forward Wesley Johnson, a league source confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin.

Johnson's deal will be for the veteran minimum, the source said.

The Los Angeles Times earlier reported the agreement.

Johnson averaged 8.0 points and 2.5 rebounds per game last year for the Phoenix Suns. He spent the previous two seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves, who selected Johnson with the fourth overall pick in the 2010 draft.

Johnson averaged a career-low 19.1 minutes per game last season and started just 21 of the 50 games he appeared in for the Suns.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Good deal for both sides.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

Camden wrote:Good deal for both sides.

I agree, if you recall, Wes Johnson was trained by Kobe.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Jakapoo wrote:

I agree, if you recall, Wes Johnson was trained by Kobe.

I remember. All those summer workouts together. It actually made me have hope for Johnson when he was here. I know Bleacher Report gets ripped on from time to time, but I actually included that in a past article. Go figure.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/761597-minnesota-timberwolves-wesley-johnsons-progression-is-pivotal-for-the-wolves
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

How do you figure? Johnson only gets the league minimum, is that a good deal for him? The Lakers get a guy who can't move the meter, is that a good deal for them?
Monster

Post by Monster »

Johnson getting a deal to play in the NBA is good and its for a team like the Lakers who need help at SF. Seems like a good fit. Wes helps the Lakers at least being able to plays some decent defense and maybe he hits some jumpers at a decent clip. for the minimum seems like no-brainer even though he isn't that good.
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

How long before Kobe smacks that grin off his face in a practice? I give it 3 days into the pre-season schedule.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

monsterpile wrote:Johnson getting a deal to play in the NBA is good and its for a team like the Lakers who need help at SF. Seems like a good fit. Wes helps the Lakers at least being able to plays some decent defense and maybe he hits some jumpers at a decent clip. for the minimum seems like no-brainer even though he isn't that good.

Exactly Monster, he isn't that good so how can it be a good deal for the Lakers? And he was a former top 5 pick, so how can playing for the league minimum be a good deal for him at this stage of his career?
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

CoolBreeze44 wrote:

How do you figure? Johnson only gets the league minimum, is that a good deal for him? The Lakers get a guy who can't move the meter, is that a good deal for them?

Johnson was this --><-- close to being out of the NBA so yes its a good deal for him. I suspect Kobe told them to sign Mr.Smiles, from the Lakers perspective is an inexpensive flyer on the hope that a year with Kobe can bring out his talent.