Cody Zeller

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Lipoli390

Cody Zeller

Post by Lipoli390 »

Cody had 21 points and 13 boards today in summer league action. Note that Flip would have taken him at #9 over KCP. Flips two favorite players in this draft by far were Oladipo and Zeller. Those two players could turn out to be the best players out of this draft. I'm not predicting it, I'm just noting it as a possibility based on their summer league play so far and reports on Zeller draft workouts. Flip may be a very good talent evaluator. Let's hope he was right about Shabazz and Dieng.
Coolbreeze44

Re: Cody Zeller

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Lip, he would have taken Zeller over KCP? That's very interesting. I wasn't high on Zeller after the NCAA tourney he had, but the NBA is an entirely different animal. It's always fun to see how rookies adapt.
slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095]

Post by slimcalhoun27 [enjin:6640095] »

Jordan got such huge pushback once again from fans for taking Zeller, and at the time it was granted. But the one thing that Zeller does have is a length, height, athleticism and a solid bball IQ and instinct to make plays. I think he will be a solid player in this league, could end up being top two or three in this draft class. McLemore looked awful, so did KCP...but of course it is only Summer League. lol
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Cool-- Yep, I heard that from someone who would know. I too was not high on Zeller coming out of college. But you're right about the NBA being a different animal. And Flip was adamant that Zeller wasn't used properly at Indiana. It will be interesting to watch Cody this season. I'll be pulling for him. He seems like a good guy and I'd like to see MJ catch a break.
worldK

Post by worldK »

I would have taken zellar over kcp too. If there is going to be a bust in the lottery, it will be kcp. Glad we dodge a bullet there.
Jakapoo [enjin:6588675]

Post by Jakapoo [enjin:6588675] »

I have liked Zeller a lot coming out of college, and found him under-rated due to the media over-rating him before. I believe his upside is Alvan Adams with less passing, but more shot blocking which is pretty darned good.