Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Elan24 [enjin:6583971]

Heard Brewer is a done deal

Post by Elan24 [enjin:6583971] »

We need one more player?
Elan24 [enjin:6583971]

Re: Heard Brewer is a done deal

Post by Elan24 [enjin:6583971] »

Ridnour to Bucks http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/7/10/4511954/corey-brewer-kevin-martin-twolves-luke-ridnour-bucks
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

The Brewer signing sort of messes everything up.

Rubio/Barea/Shved/Brown
Martin/Brewer/Shved/Bud/Shabazz
Bud/Brewer/DWill/Shabazz
Love/DWill/Cunningham
Pek/Dieng/CJ

So 14 players on the roster (maybe CJ gets traded to the Thunder in the S&T so OKC gets a trade exception) with no cap space to sign a starting SF. I think we still have the $2.6 mil exception to sign another player but where is he going to get minutes? Brewer should have been the player we used the exception on, not signing him for 5 MILLION a year. Who knows maybe Flip is working on a trade with Shved and Williams to get a starting SF.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Volans19 wrote:The Brewer signing sort of messes everything up.

Rubio/Barea/Shved/Brown
Bud/Brewer/DWill/Shabazz
Love/DWill/Cunningham
Pek/Dieng/CJ

So 14 players on the roster (maybe CJ gets traded to the Thunder in the S&T so OKC gets a trade exception) with no cap space to sign a starting SF. I think we still have the $2.6 mil exception to sign another player but where is he going to get minutes? Brewer should have been the player we used the exception on, not signing him for 5 MILLION a year. Who knows maybe Flip is working on a trade with Shved and Williams to get a starting SF.

How does Brewer mess things up? Maybe he believes we have a SF on the roster and the best man for the job will win the position. That could be any one of DWill/Bud/Brewer.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Camden wrote:
Volans19 wrote:The Brewer signing sort of messes everything up.

Rubio/Barea/Shved/Brown
Bud/Brewer/DWill/Shabazz
Love/DWill/Cunningham
Pek/Dieng/CJ

How does Brewer mess things up? Maybe he believes we have a SF on the roster and the best man for the job will win the position. That could be any one of DWill/Bud/Brewer.

1. Flip may believe he has the right man for the job but I don't and I think a lot of Wolves fans feel the same way. The move ensures we won't have a quality starting SF. They can compete all the want but we already know who these players are (unless DWill has a breakout year... please, please DWill prove your worth)

2. We have a log jam at 1-3. Someone will have to sacrifice their playing time. Barea, Bud and Brewer are too expensive to just sit. So that means Shved and Shabazz will have to try and develop their game and gain experience through practice and blow-out games instead of real game experience.

I like Brewer but not enough to pay 5 mil to and definitely not enough to start.
zigzag22 [enjin:6591633]

Post by zigzag22 [enjin:6591633] »

Hold up, people think the Wolves signed Brewer to $5 million a year and are STILL looking for a starting SF? Where? As Camden pointed out, it''s going to come down to who wins the position in camp (Williams/Bud/Brewer).
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

zigzag22 wrote:Hold up, people think the Wolves signed Brewer to $5 million a year and are STILL looking for a starting SF? Where? As Camden pointed out, it''s going to come down to who wins the position in camp (Williams/Bud/Brewer).

That's my point. Our SF starter is garbage, at best those are 6th man candidates not starters. 5 mil was too much and now we can't get a starter
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Bud will not be the starter. It will either be DWill or CoBrew. I'm still thinking DWill gets the gig.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Volans19 wrote:
zigzag22 wrote:Hold up, people think the Wolves signed Brewer to $5 million a year and are STILL looking for a starting SF? Where? As Camden pointed out, it''s going to come down to who wins the position in camp (Williams/Bud/Brewer).

That's my point. Our SF starter is garbage, at best those are 6th man candidates not starters. 5 mil was too much and now we can't get a starter

I don't see how there's a logjam anywhere to be honest. I think the roster is pretty balanced now.

Rubio/Barea -- These two will dominate minutes. Shved gets mins here in small amounts. Brown gets mins only in blowouts. Maybe none actually.

Martin/Shved/Shabazz -- Martin gets the bulk, Shved off the bench. Shabazz in spurts. Could change though if he works hard enough. Could take role from Shved.

DWill/Bud/Brewer -- For some reason I think Williams could end up with the starting job here. Too good of chemistry with Rubio and supposedly getting his body right. Bud's off the bench like usual. If Williams doesn't start, wouldn't it be better to have Brewer start since we need defense in the first unit.

Love/Cunningham/DWill -- Love dominates the minutes. Adelman loves Cunningham off the bench. Could see DWill getting minutes at the 4 in small ball lineups. Rather throw DWill at SF and stick with it.

Pek/Dieng/Love -- Pek's minutes need to be watched carefully on some nights, but he'll still dominate minutes. Dieng is more than capable to back him up. Love here in small lineups. If CJ's here, he's just a warm body on the bench.

To combat your point about "Our SF starter is garbage", I disagree. We have 4 GOOD/GREAT starters. Our SF is going to be a role player, and likely a good one at that. I have no problem with any of the probable three players starting for us. A garbage SF would be if we started Cunningham there, and I have nothing against Cunningham.
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

Cam- I appreciate your optimism. I agree that our SF will be basically filling a role which is going to be either 3 or D but I still don't feel confident about any of them starting. Hopefully DWill will make great strides in his third year and get out of Adlemans dog house. But I think it's going to be hard to manage a twelve man bench, most teams have a nine-man rotation. Adleman will have his favorites as usual and leave the others on the bench... just a prediction.