The dumb and stupid Wiggins thread

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

The dumb and stupid Wiggins thread

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I am not ready to give up on him, but still doesn't mean I wouldn't want to trade him if the right trade was in front of us.

The player I would want to trade him for would be Andre Drummond.

Young, healthy, and still has upside. He would flourish playing with Rubio. it is a trade that would help both teams since Monroe would move to center and Wiggins would fit a need for them.

I am thinking Wigging becomes a 18pts, 5 boards, and 3 assists type guy where Drummond is a 18pts, 15 boards, and 2 blocks type guy.

Just a thought about what it would take if someone wanted to trade for him.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Re: The dumb and stupid Wiggins thread

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

I like Drummond a lot, but the value doesn't make sense. While Wiggins has a long road to get there, he does have the physical tools to be a star player in the NBA and he's only 19.

I'd be a liar if I didn't think about having Jimmy Butler on this team right now. There's a legitimate case for him being the best SG in the NBA. His scoring is much improved, as is his efficiency, and he's getting to the FT line about 10 times a game. He's also assisting teammates at a good clip while rebounding the ball as good, if not better, than any wing in the league. Add all of that to his already elite defense. "Jimbo Slice" is one of my favorite players in the league.

BUT. He's five years older than Wiggins. I have to believe that Wiggins can get to that level of play by 24-25. So while there are guys that I really like around the league, I wouldn't realistically trade him for anyone (other than Jabari Parker, but that's not happening).
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I would only trade him for an established all-star on a fresh deal that won't expire in the next two years. Otherwise his potential and rookie pay scale/length (even though it is for a number 1 pick) are a better value than a majority of players in the league.
TheFuture

Post by TheFuture »

I wouldn't trade him for anything we'd realistically get in return. His potential is too great and I wouldn't dare take a risk selling him based on his potential now only to see him meet or exceed expectations. That would demoralize our fan base to its lowest point. In 3-4 years I see him as a 20/5/5/2/2 guy who locks down the leagues best 2/3 every night. For me, thats tough to beat. He'll also hit threes at a nice clip and get to the basket at will. Give him a couple years to come into his own.

Another big factor for me is that I believe he has the personality to be loyal to a team. I see him staying here long term, especially if Lowry and derozan are locked up with big money in Toronto.

Trade for Jabari, really? Can you explain why you'd do that?
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Certainly. I think Jabari's better than Andrew, and will be better than him over their respective careers. He's the full package on offense and will only improve on his strengths, and his weakness is three-point shooting, which is very commonly improved. He has the killer mentality, handle and passing vision that Wiggins lacks. The way the league is, offense holds more value than defense individually. Wiggins' offense might never get to star level, and that concerns me greatly.

I'm not trying to start yet another Parker vs Wiggins debate on here, but that's why I said what I said.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm REALLY trying to be patient with Wiggins.

So I will defer from too much commentary at this time.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I'm REALLY trying to be patient with Wiggins.

So I will defer from too much commentary at this time.

Yeah, it gets tough at times. He has the worst WS/48 on the team right now. That's right, it's even worse than Budinger's. While you certainly don't expect instant stardom from a rookie, you do expect the #1 pick in the draft to at least be a halfway decent contributor. His offense has been pretty bad and he simply hasn't done enough with his defense and rebounding to make up for it. I'll be patient too, but it's a little disconcerting to see how raw he looks out there.

I am trying to be patient too, but worry he will never have the motor or the handle we need. I would love to see us make him play backup PG when Mo is out instead of Brewer. He might get burned a little, but it will force him to work on it and get comfortable.

I am trying to be patient too, but worry he will never have the motor or the handle we need. I would love to see us make him play backup PG when Mo is out instead of Brewer. He might get burned a little, but it will force him to work on it and get comfortable.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Trade Wiggins now? Insane. He is having some natural ups and downs but is going to be great.