No Mo, Again

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

No Mo, Again

Post by 60WinTim »

Zach has had two productive games starting in Mo's absence. He is growing up in a hurry! With another solid game tonight, maybe Flip will stick with him as the starter and bring Mo off the bench when he does return.

And Shabazz continues to impress. I suppose that's one upside of the Rubio and Martin injuries -- opportunities that Zach and Shabazz are taking full advantage of! And Dieng has been doing yeoman's work as well. The growth those three are experiencing will pay dividends once Rubio, Martin and Pek are back in action. How everyone fits into the rotation is Flip's problem.

Wiggins and Bennett can join the party any time, now!

At some point Flip is going to have to choose between Turiaf and Adrien. I suppose it will come down to how "chronic" Turiaf's hip is going to be...
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: No Mo, Again

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

The rising stars game will be very interesting. I really think we could have 5 players there.

I would really like to see Wiggins play more SG. Force him to handle the ball more. Even if he struggles I expect that it would make him work on it more in the offseason.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

Remember at the start of the season Tim when we were all wondering how we'd find minutes for Zach, Bazz and others?

It didn't take long for our old cripples to make this happen (Do you think any other GM's are calling Flip about Pek? Yeah, me neither).
all_day_88 [enjin:6666373]

Post by all_day_88 [enjin:6666373] »

I Love the post just disagree with the "Wiggins and Bennett can join the party any time, now!" part beacause I feel like they already have.

Bennett just went off for 14 and 10 with 2 dimes against the spurs. and wiggins has had his moments too. Like most raw rookies these kids are oozing with potential and are showing it from time to time but they will be inconsistent all season. I've actually been impressed with how fast they have been able to contribute especially with Zach btw do we have nicknames for these guys yet?
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Yup! I was not expecting Zach to see anything other than garbage minutes, and I wasn't sure Shabazz could even crack the rotation.

And, yeah, we're stuck with Pek for a LOOONG time. He needs to lose a ton of weight to ease the stress on his joints. Even then, our best hope is that he can start playing again in a backup role so his minutes can be limited. He might be quite dominant in that sort of role!
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I love that term "yeoman's work". I use it at my office when I tease my co-workers about how much I'm doing relative to them.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I hear you, 88! Bennett did have a strong game against the Spurs, and Wiggins keeps showing flashes of what he could be. We just need them to start doing it on a more consistent basis. Let's say "they are ringing the door bell at the party!" :)
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

60WinTim wrote:Yup! I was not expecting Zach to see anything other than garbage minutes, and I wasn't sure Shabazz could even crack the rotation.

And, yeah, we're stuck with Pek for a LOOONG time. He needs to lose a ton of weight to ease the stress on his joints. Even then, our best hope is that he can start playing again in a backup role so his minutes can be limited. He might be quite dominant in that sort of role!

Yep, 4 more years at 12 million for a back-up playing half the season. Sounds about right.

I'm not worried about Wiggins and his slow down. I said earlier this year, just let Wiggy, AB, and Zach find their way, stay healthy and then we can make some adjustments next year and make them a solid starting group.
Brandon BassHole [enjin:8183321]

Post by Brandon BassHole [enjin:8183321] »

Bennet has been ok with being called "Big Daddy Canada" and AB

Lavine idk yet. probably needs a name with "Swag" in it haha. I like the nickname "Pause" or "Tivo" for him when he starts making more in game dunks or after he participates in a dunk contest.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/andrew-wiggins-zach-lavine-bounce-brothers
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

60WinTim wrote:Zach has had two productive games starting in Mo's absence. He is growing up in a hurry! With another solid game tonight, maybe Flip will stick with him as the starter and bring Mo off the bench when he does return.

And Shabazz continues to impress. I suppose that's one upside of the Rubio and Martin injuries -- opportunities that Zach and Shabazz are taking full advantage of! And Dieng has been doing yeoman's work as well. The growth those three are experiencing will pay dividends once Rubio, Martin and Pek are back in action. How everyone fits into the rotation is Flip's problem.

Wiggins and Bennett can join the party any time, now!

At some point Flip is going to have to choose between Turiaf and Adrien. I suppose it will come down to how "chronic" Turiaf's hip is going to be...

I think it will also involve Hummel in that decision, since it seems like his minutes have been cut to make room for Adrien. With Pek chronically injured, we still need a C with size to backup Gorgi. I really have no confidence in Turiaf to stay healthy though. I just think Adrien should definitely be one of the guys that stays. He provides a toughness that this team drastically needs.