The Ghost of Khan?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
ItsJustSoSab

The Ghost of Khan?

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

I find it pretty hilarious and quite strange that we now have a team set up that could be the "breath taking" team Khan always wanted. Think about it for a second. Lavine and Wiggins might be the two most athletic players in the draft to pair with Rubio. We have a young center that seems to run the floor well and hopefully Bennett improves. Even the players who should be back-ups eventually (Brewer, GRIII) can run the floor.

And to think, all it took was trading Kevin Love.
TAFKASP

Re: The Ghost of Khan?

Post by TAFKASP »

This irony is not lost upon me. I've had a good chuckle over the fact that Kahn's talk and actions told two completely different stories.
horatio81 [enjin:7751176]

Post by horatio81 [enjin:7751176] »

And we had to trade Love because Khan wouldn't give him the five year max, so... mission accomplished?
ItsJustSoSab

Post by ItsJustSoSab »

He is probably sitting on the couch right now, eating popcorn saying "I told those guys I knew what I was doing" or picking his nose.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

Khan did bring in youth, length, and athleticism: Wes Johnson, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, and Derrick Williams (just to name a few of his pick-ups) were all supposedly going to help give our squad a boost in these areas. It turns out basketball IQ and actual skill-level is more meaningful than length and athleticism.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Q12543 wrote:Khan did bring in youth, length, and athleticism: Wes Johnson, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, and Derrick Williams (just to name a few of his pick-ups) were all supposedly going to help give our squad a boost in these areas. It turns out basketball IQ and actual skill-level is more meaningful than length and athleticism.

Not to mention the only player out of the four that you named that plays defense is Smiley Wes. And all of them hate the painted area. Go figure. No wonder we sucked.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q12543 wrote:Khan did bring in youth, length, and athleticism: Wes Johnson, Michael Beasley, Anthony Randolph, and Derrick Williams (just to name a few of his pick-ups) were all supposedly going to help give our squad a boost in these areas. It turns out basketball IQ and actual skill-level is more meaningful than length and athleticism.

Do those 4 have a collective IQ of 40?
Monster

Post by Monster »

I've thought about this numerous times and Flip's comments about athletic etc are very much like what Kahn said. People mentioned guys Kahn swung for the fences on and gave up little to do so. Those weren't what killed him it was the poor draft and a poor coach in Rambis that really killed him. Plus it seems like there is people that really didn't like the guy. I mean can anyone tell me someone of any note that has said how they liked working for him? Donnie Walsh and some other folks vouched for him to get hired but I can't think of anyone that stuck around too long when Kahn was here. Kahn isn't a complete moron I think he is very bright actually and has some very worthwhile skills but I think what may have really been his downfall was he didn't listen to or have good people around him because...of David Kahn. Whatever Flip is looking like a godsend right now its amazing what he has done so far.