What in the hell is Flip doing?

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
PatrickBateman [enjin:8062828]

What in the hell is Flip doing?

Post by PatrickBateman [enjin:8062828] »

Besides absolutely nothing?

The roster right now (as is) is absolute crap.

When is Flip going to decide to fully rebuild or try to win now?

Right now we are destined for another 9th-10th seed finish. Gee, how exciting.
Phenom

Re: What in the hell is Flip doing?

Post by Phenom »

Hes busy running summer league practice.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/first-impression-summer-league-practiceKeepin busy
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

I think we need to be patient, PB, until all the players in this musical chairs game have settled in their chairs. Draft night was the time for quick action, but the fact that Love wasn't moved still tells me that the offers just weren't good enough. Now, Flip needs to wait for the Miami trio and Carmelo to make their moves before anyone is going to get serious about a Love deal. And Flip isn't going to make any free agency moves until he can evaluate what our needs are after the inevitable Love deal.

And meanwhile, as Phenom posted, he's getting the SL guys pumped up. There's clearly an energy surrounding this team that wasn't here a year ago. I was probably the biggest LaVine detractor after the draft, but reading all the "WOW!" tweets after today's practice are making me reevaluate. Apparently there were a lot of jaws dropping at practice today.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Oh my gosh. When I opened this thread I thought somebody had read something about Flip being close to a deal with Golden State again. I was this close to being really pissed.
Papalrep

Post by Papalrep »

LST -- Now, Flip needs to wait for the Miami trio and Carmelo to make their moves before anyone is going to get serious about a Love deal.

There you go. Melo and Lebron pick their teams, the losers get serious about trading for Love. We wait. Why? Because we are the Timberwolves.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

PB -- I have the same feelings of frustration as you. But I think Long is right. We need to be patient. I think it makes sense for Flip to wait until after the LeBron//Bosh/Melo dramas are over. Right now, a number of the teams that would likely have an interest in Love are understandably attempting to land a star through free agency in which case they won't have to give up any players. The Bulls and Rockets are pursuing Melo. The Rockets are ready to sign Bosh if he doesn't re-sign with the Heat. The Suns are among the teams pursuing LeBron. Any of these teams that don't end up with LeBron, Melo or Bosh will probably join the Warriors in attempting to do a deal for Love. That's when Flip needs to pull the trigger. He'll never get better offers than he will immediately after the LeBron/Bosh/Melo sagas have ended.

Best case scenario: LeBron and Bosh re-sign with the Heat and Melo re-signs with the Knicks. That scenario would maximize the number of teams attempting to deal for Love.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I've still held out hope that Love will be on the roster when the season starts. Could the roster use a tweak? Sure but there are a couple things I've been thinking about with the maybe stubborn assumption Love will be on the roster.

So much discussion of moves to aquire players or what player are on the roster centers around fit and who plays well together compliments each other etc. This last weekend I indulged myself and watched highlights of Shabazz's rookie year. How many highlights involves amazing passes from the magical passing Rubio? I can't remember any but there probably was one. What I remember is a bunch of passes from Love around the FT line at the 3 pt line to a cutting Bazz for dunks or good looks at the basket. What we forgt is Love is a passer too and Love has always been a willing passer. Why mention this? GR3 that's one of the things he is very good at. Dude ate up those opportunities at Michigan especially when Burke a legit PG was getting the ball to him. I saw him here in Lincoln get those easy looks. In fact he just looked like he was on a different level to me than the other guys on the floor.

Oh sure I know I'm getting to high on a rookie 2nd round pick but I'm telling you if Flip does what he did back in the 90's getting something out of some guys that weren't expected to do much this team could surprise people. There are a lot of guys not just GR3 that are pretty good at cutting and we have Rubio and Love who are guys that could find them. Heck if we get some other scorers out there on the floor maybe JJ would find them. I'm not saying sign Dante and roll with a couple rookies and what we had last year hoping for Flip to work wonders but honestly a lot of the guys on the roster make sense to me. My guess is Flip is gonna make a couple small moves and sign a solid player that's still availiable with the MLE when the dust settles.
BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520]

Post by BizarroJerry [enjin:6592520] »

LeBron has to go back to Miami. Remember, the "Big 2.5" promised us (Not 1, not 2, not 3.... titles)
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

lipoli390 wrote:PB -- I have the same feelings of frustration as you. But I think Long is right. We need to be patient. I think it makes sense for Flip to wait until after the LeBron//Bosh/Melo dramas are over. Right now, a number of the teams that would likely have an interest in Love are understandably attempting to land a star through free agency in which case they won't have to give up any players. The Bulls and Rockets are pursuing Melo. The Rockets are ready to sign Bosh if he doesn't re-sign with the Heat. The Suns are among the teams pursuing LeBron. Any of these teams that don't end up with LeBron, Melo or Bosh will probably join the Warriors in attempting to do a deal for Love. That's when Flip needs to pull the trigger. He'll never get better offers than he will immediately after the LeBron/Bosh/Melo sagas have ended.

Best case scenario: LeBron and Bosh re-sign with the Heat and Melo re-signs with the Knicks. That scenario would maximize the number of teams attempting to deal for Love.

Don't forget about Cleveland. Lebron going there adds them to the mix of potential Love suitors. Just need Bosh to stay in MIA with Wade to maximize leverage.