Site Suggestions

Discussion about general topics
60WinTim

Site Suggestions

Post by 60WinTim »

Carlos had a great idea of putting a stick post here for any suggestions, comments or complaints. So here it is (if it works!).

Changing username was one suggestion, but after turning it on and seeing that it updates all your prior posts as well, I decided to disable it. I can temporarily turn it on for individual requests.

Another suggestion was increasing the font size, which I did (10px to 12px). Posts are definitely easier to read.

I am not a wiz on the administrative side of this forum software, but I can usually stumble my way through changes.
Carlos Danger

Re: Site Suggestions

Post by Carlos Danger »

Perfect! And monkey brains figured out how to clear his cache, so the font is much better now. I appreciate you! Nice job.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Hi, is there anyway to change the sites URL? I know we haven’t grown a ton these last few years but would love the opportunity for new people to join this forum in the long term
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

For reals... the font size was throwing me. Good to know it was deliberate and I'm not imagining things.

[Note: How old are you people that we needed to increase the font size?]
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:02 pm For reals... the font size was throwing me. Good to know it was deliberate and I'm not imagining things.

Pretty old... I had cataract surgery last year, so I didn't really need the bigger font. Are you suggesting we drop it back one pixel?!?
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

kekgeek wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:30 pm Hi, is there anyway to change the sites URL? I know we haven’t grown a ton these last few years but would love the opportunity for new people to join this forum in the long term
It's a good idea, just not high on my list of things to do right now. I really needed to start this project on a server where I had full control in order to manage all the migration stuff from the old site. But once we are running smoothly, it may be possible to move the forum to one of the cheap hosting companies. Or maybe buy a domain name that points here.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

60WinTim wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:10 pm
AbeVigodaLive wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:02 pm For reals... the font size was throwing me. Good to know it was deliberate and I'm not imagining things.

Pretty old... I had cataract surgery last year, so I didn't really need the bigger font. Are you suggesting we drop it back one pixel?!?

Doesn't really matter to me. Go with what works best for you and others.

I just wanted to call you old.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I don't like this topic sitting at the top of the Wolves board. Tomorrow I will move it into the General Discussion forum...
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Tim - another question, this time regarding notifications. Can users delete old ones? I only see options for marking as read or unmarking.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Carlos Danger wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:49 am Tim - another question, this time regarding notifications. Can users delete old ones? I only see options for marking as read or unmarking.
I have no idea. I was actually wondering if I could just disable some of those notifications because they seem kind of annoying! Any opinions?

My free spare time just ran out. I probably won't be able to look into anything for another week or so.