Tim Connelly

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
kekgeek

Tim Connelly

Post by kekgeek »

Our favorite reporter of all time Doogie Wolfson has been making news about his “source” saying Connelly might want to leave the wolves in a year for an unnamed Eastern conference
Carlos Danger

Re: Tim Connelly

Post by Carlos Danger »

Question. Will he be taking Rudy Gobert with him?
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Didn't they sign him to some kind of huge deal?

If this is true, man . . . this dude earns a reputation as a savvy drafter over years at Denver, shows up here and almost immediately mortgages our future on a huge gamble that hasn't paid off and now appears to be blowing up in our faces.

He makes the call to suspend the dude he traded for (is he trying to distance himself from his decision?), which could have been the difference in the last game. If we lose this next game and he walks (which I doubt), that dude better not expect "Minnesota Nice" on his next visit!

All that said, I doubt this is true. Even if you believe the source, who would sign him after the Rudy trade at this point?

Man, I'm really hoping for all our sakes (Connelly's most especially) that Rudy comes back, this team figures some stuff out, wins the next game, and seriously gives Denver a run for their money or even pulls off a big upset.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

I buy this since he will move east with the rest of the Wolves when Seattle and Vegas join the fray.
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Reading the tea leaves,

just means if Washington opens up again he'll be on the short list.
WallyBall

Post by WallyBall »

If he was the top notched GM he is reported to be, there would be no legs to this rumor. Who dines and dashes after one year? He sets the culture, and it’s not like he’s fighting against our country club days of yesteryear.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

What is the outlook without the Utah trade? No, not that Utah trade. How are we feeling with DLO and Bryn Forbes in place of Conley and NAW down the stretch and heading into Denver?

A feather in the cap for TC hands down.
Tactical unit

Post by Tactical unit »

Phenom wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:25 pm What is the outlook without the Utah trade? No, not that Utah trade. How are we feeling with DLO and Bryn Forbes in place of Conley and NAW down the stretch and heading into Denver?

I agree TC should get credit for the SlowMo FA move aswell. TC messed up the Gobert trade but he was hoping to zig when the league zags with two bigs and swing for the fence. He did however do great in the UTH trade, Big Mike, NAW, and three 2nd's for DLO turned out great. I also think what TC has historically done well; draft players is how this team gets to new levels down the road. It's just too bad he doesn't currently have a lot of picks to make that happen. If these veterans and young talent play to there max potential or catch a few breaks vs DEN they could win this series. Almost any team in the west feels beatable.
Monster

Post by Monster »

It’s Wolfson so I’m skeptical.

Based on the reporting about Connelly I’m not really buying the rumor. He doesn’t strike me as a guy looking to jump jobs. The Wolves basically had to make him a crazy offer to get him to move.

But let’s say the rumor has some legs to it. To me that means maybe someone other than Connelly may not be happy also. Is someone in the Wolves organization unhappy with the Gobert trade? Not vining with Connelly? Maybe Connelly has some family member out east he wants to be more near too? Maybe the Wolves would be willing to let Connelly go to another team if they would give them draft compensation. Maybe that was their plan all along to get him and then trade him for a draft pick. Gupta is a genius! Lol
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Phenom wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:25 pm What is the outlook without the Utah trade? No, not that Utah trade. How are we feeling with DLO and Bryn Forbes in place of Conley and NAW down the stretch and heading into Denver?

100% true. The Gobert trade will still go down as an overpay. But that will certainly be a lot easier pill to swallow if we can knock out the #1 seed and advance. I like this team. To quote Forrest Gump...they "like a box of chocolates..." I'm excited to see where this goes. At least we still playing meaningful games through April.