Ben Simmons

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Carlos Danger

Ben Simmons

Post by Carlos Danger »

60WinTim

Re: Ben Simmons

Post by 60WinTim »

Well there you go!! Simmons has just 2 years left, so the Wolves may only be looking at one year of luxury tax if the swap is made for KAT. Obviously there are a lot more pieces involved, but this is the first legit talk we have seen that clearly involves KAT (unless it's Rudy?!?).
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

Who is Andy Bailey? We better get like 10 draft picks if we are taking Simmons.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

thedoper wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:39 am Who is Andy Bailey? We better get like 10 draft picks if we are taking Simmons.
No kidding! I don’t see a KAT for Simmons deal making any sense. The Nets don’t have enough future 1st round picks to justify the swap. Now, if we’re also getting Bridges, then sign me up. A more realistic scenario would be a Rudy for Simmons swap. But even that doesn’t make sense to me.

Unless the Wolves were to get Bridges in return, a KAT or Rudy swap for Simmons isn’t consistent with TC’s goal of winning next season. I might be persuaded by a Rudy for Simmons swap that also brought back maximum draft compensation in return. Simmons has negative trade value right now. He’s just a contract. It might make some sense for the Wolves to make a deal for Simmons if he had only one year left on his deal. But the second apron cliff will be upon us next summer and we’d be stuck with the worst contract in the NBA for another year - $30M for player who doesn’t appear interested in playing and who probably can’t or won’t play.

This strikes me as a completely bogus report.
KG4Ever

Post by KG4Ever »

thedoper wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:39 am Who is Andy Bailey? We better get like 10 draft picks if we are taking Simmons.
Very true or Mikal Bridges and 5 picks. I'm afraid Timmy though is offering pick swaps on all the remaining firsts that haven't been swapped plus all seconds. It seems anyone can post a BR article and make up some ridiculous trade.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

So I wouldn’t do it but the Nets have 8 1st round picks to offer until 2029.

You get 3 or 4 for Kat the player and 2 more for taking on the salary. Wolves would save 13 million next year also
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

kekgeek wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:10 pm So I wouldn’t do it but the Nets have 8 1st round picks to offer until 2029.

You get 3 or 4 for Kat the player and 2 more for taking on the salary. Wolves would save 13 million next year also
I would love that. Can I ask why you wouldn't do it?

I realize Simmons is a mystery box. But I'm thinking at worst - the guy would be nice back up/off the bench PG. Obviously the picks would be the prize. And of course you always have the hope that Simmons rebounds into something closer to a starter level PG to take over for Conley.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Edit - I somehow F'd up my edit and created a second post. Tim - you can delete this one if you wish. I'm wiping out the text to avoid confusion.
Last edited by Carlos Danger on Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Carlos Danger wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:23 pm
kekgeek wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:10 pm So I wouldn’t do it but the Nets have 8 1st round picks to offer until 2029.

I realize Simmons is a mystery box. But I'm thinking at worst - the guy would be nice back up/off the bench PG. Obviously the picks would be the prize. And of course you always have the hope that Simmons rebounds into something closer to a starter level PG to take over for Conley.
I guess I wouldn’t hate it. I do like some of this Suns and Mavs picks they have. It’s just all of the wolves shooting could be gone
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

kekgeek wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:53 pm
Carlos Danger wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:23 pm

I guess I wouldn’t hate it. I do like some of this Suns and Mavs picks they have. It’s just all of the wolves shooting could be gone
Who needs shooting with all the defense we are stockpiling?!? ;)