Wolves - Nuggets Predict the Series

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Coolbreeze44

Wolves - Nuggets Predict the Series

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

The Lakers lost to Denver because they couldn't defend the perimeter. Well, we happen to be pretty adept at that. And we've proven we can beat Denver home or away. I'm going to take the Wolves, the hard part is deciding whether it will be 6 or 7 games. I think we continue the mission and get this done in 6. They are a great basketball team but so are we. Should be a fantastic series.
AbeVigodaLive

Re: Wolves - Nuggets Predict the Series

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Wolves.

[Note: Considering I only predicted 42 wins... and a loss in 6 to Phoenix, it's up to you whether I know what I'm talking about or not. But I'm a believer. This team is different, at least through the first 86 games.]
DNatagal

Post by DNatagal »

I didn't enter a prediction for the first round. I am the classic Timberwolves fan, always waiting for the other shoe to fall. The Suns series was amazing and I never would have guessed Wolves in 4, let alone how easy they did it. But when I was watching the games, I never felt like they were overwhelmed or going to lose. The team beat the Suns in every measure!

I want this series to be super competitive, 6 or 7 games. Seeing how the Wolves respond to a loss might be worth playing extra games!

Wolves in 7
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

I'll say Wolves in 7 and hope that 7th game elevates Ant that much more.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Hard not to feel good about the Wolves after they systematically took apart Phoenix, a matchup at least some of us thought would be a tough one for them. Now we play a team that we competed hard with last year in the playoffs without Jaden and Naz and who got past the Lakers in 5 games thanks only to a couple of last-second shots by Murray.

What's interesting about this series is how dramatically different KAT's defensive assignment will be. Against Phoenix, he spent a good amount of his time guarding Durant or some other perimeter player. Now he'll draw Jokic as his main assignment with Gobert assigned to Gordon and lurking in the paint.

Speaking of KAT, who will Aaron Gordon defend? That's a key question because if Denver has him on KAT then they need to defend Ant the same way Phoenix did, with a high wall and tons of gap help. KCP can't handle Ant on his own. Gordon and Dort might be the only two guys in the NBA that can truly give Ant some problems without needing a ton of help. But if Gordon is on Ant, then KAT has an advantage!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I will go with Wolves in 6 or 7. After playing them tight last year short-handed and splitting the regular season games with them this year I think the Wolves have absolutely no fear of Denver.
FNG

Post by FNG »

It's a little scary to me that we're all picking the Wolves to beat the World Champs, but I will also say Wolves in 6. We steal one in Denver, and then hold serve to win at home in Game 6.

This appears to be a prediction thread, so I will tee up an analysis thread. An of course if anyone other than Tim starts the Game 1 GDT, they will be permanently banned from this board!
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

Wolves in 6 seems right to me. :shock: :twisted: 8-)
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Wolves in 7
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

This is exhilarating to even speculate about.

My head tells me the Nuggz are just too good when they turn it on, but my heart says "FUKKK IT BABY! WOLVES IN 5!!"

Wait, says my head. The Lakers really were playing well in that series, and Denver still found a way to finish them off. Murray wasn't great in most of the minutes of those series, but he was when it counted. They're just an incredibly well-balanced starting 5. Jokic is an MVP playing MVP-level basketball and can find a way to beat just about any team with his size, passing, and scoring. Plus, they've got home-court advantage and on what should be the busiest week of the year, our coach is having to deal with a medical emergency.

SCREW IT BABY!!! says my heart, DENVER'S BENCH SUCKS ASS, OUR DEFENSE IS SUFFOCATING, AND WE'RE RIDING THE WHITE LIGHTING OF SWEEPING THE SUNS AND ANT LOOKING LIKE THE NEXT COMING OF MJ. RUDY IS STEPH CURRY FROM THE LINE NOW, KAT IS HEALTHY AND BFFS WITH ANT, AND NAZ IS DUE FOR A BREAKOUT AFTER OWNING THIS TEAM IN THE PAST. DEFINITELY WOLVES IN 5!!

But my head says hold on. I've got a history of misjudging this team by its recent performances. My season prediction was too low because I was still emotional after last season's let down. Now I need to be careful not to repeat the same mistake in the opposite direction by being overconfident in them after Phoenix . . .

SHUT UP WITH YOUR LOGIC!! REASON HAS NO PLACE HERE. THINK ABOUT HOW AWESOME IT WILL FEEL TO GO TO THE WCF, MIGHT AS WELL PREDICT THAT TOO. REMEMBER, ANT WILL KILL ANYTHING IN FRONT OF HIM! MPJ AND MURRAY CAN'T DEFEND SHIT! WE'LL RALLY AROUND FINCH!! KAT's HEALTHY. RUDY'S BACK. NAW AND JADEN ARE A DEFENSIVE NIGHTMARE FOR DENVER FROM WHICH THEY'LL NEVER AWAKE. 20 YEARS YOU'VE WAITED FOR THIS! IF THEY WIN AND YOU PREDICTED THE NUGGETS, WHAT KIND OF A TRAITOR ARE YOU?!

WOLVES IN 5!!!

I hope.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi, I got a couple M-16s, couple nines, got a couple joints with some silencers on 'em, I'm just loadin up clips. Got a couple grenades, couple missile launchers, with, you know, a couple missiles. I'm ready for war.

Wolves in 6 Bazinga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!