Jamal Murray NOT suspended!!

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Crazysauce

Jamal Murray NOT suspended!!

Post by Crazysauce »

Seriously what a bad precedent here. I feel like if Denver was up 2 games to zero they would have suspended him. It's an absolute joke that Silver is letting him get away with this.
davemang

Re: Jamal Murray NOT suspended!!

Post by davemang »

He’s getting a “substantial” fine though! I think he should be suspended but it honestly doesn’t change anything either way. Denver has figured nothing out and Jamal’s calf it’s going to get worse until they’re done for the year.
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

The substantial fine is 100k. You know the amount rudy got fined for his money symbol. Apparently they aren't even punishing him for his money symbol. Just an absolute joke
Crazysauce

Post by Crazysauce »

Also if I am the wolves I have leonard Miller start throwing out stuff on the court during our next game.
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

So $100k for throwing two objects and they completely avoided any mention of him making the money sign which he clearly did.

Just pretend it didn't happen Adam
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
rapsuperstar31

Post by rapsuperstar31 »

Crazysauce wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:12 pm The substantial fine is 100k. You know the amount rudy got fined for his money symbol. Apparently they aren't even punishing him for his money symbol. Just an absolute joke
It's the max they can fine him through the collective bargaining agreement unless they want to go through arbitration with the players union. They should have suspended him.
Porckchop

Post by Porckchop »

Didn’t fans get arrested for throwing cups of water at Kyrie and Luka?
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

rapsuperstar31 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:49 pm
Crazysauce wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:12 pm The substantial fine is 100k. You know the amount rudy got fined for his money symbol. Apparently they aren't even punishing him for his money symbol. Just an absolute joke
It's the max they can fine him through the collective bargaining agreement unless they want to go through arbitration with the players union. They should have suspended him.
That "substantial" fine for Murray... is equivalent to a $295 fine for a random guy making $100k.

Oooooh. That's quite the punishment.

[Note: The cheapest ticket I can find for the game on Friday is $241. So Murray was fined the equivalent of an upper deck ticket behind the basket for a playoff game. Hmmmmm.]
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Jamal Murray quit, was trying to get thrown out, they won't let him get suspended! :lol: The Wolves made him into there bitch with there pressure defense. He's got to be pissed now he has to play.

I'm not sure why it's fairly acceptable to throw shit on the court now though or at refs. If calls don't go your way throw shit at the refs. Have the entire arena do it. :lol:
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

I believe the contract the player's association has with the NBA caps fines at 100K, so not sure Adam Silver/Joe Dumars could levy anything higher. But yeah, a drop in the bucket for someone like Murray.

The bigger injustice - and certainly a more meaningful punishment - is the lack of suspension. I don't know how the league can't look at the cumulative evidence from his meltdown, which involved multiple displays of immaturity and disrespect, and determine it's not worthy of at least a one-game suspension.

Oh well, the Wolves continue to weather whatever is thrown at them: Ownership dispute, injured coach, Rudy's baby, FTA disparity, etc.