Based on a true story

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Carlos Danger

Based on a true story

Post by Carlos Danger »

The following events are based on a true story...

I was in high school - 10th grade. I was a small, yet spunky kid. "Lennie" was a much bigger kid who would pick on me from time to time. "Lennie" was a nickname given to this dude based on the book Of Mice and Men which was assigned reading. Most of you will be familiar with that book and understand why we would give a kid such a nickname.

One day, I decided I had enough of Lennie's crap. I threw and landed a couple punches. Lennie was stunned. I felt like the King of the World....until he wiped the blood off his nose and his face turned to rage. It was at that moment that I knew I had made a huge mistake. Lennie proceeded to lay a thorough beating on me. One I still remember to this day - 30+ years later.

I feel like I'm going through some PTSD again watching the Wolves punch the Nuggets in games 1 and 2. If you want to be the be top dawg - you have to have killer instinct and finish. I feel like the Wolves were just happy to land a couple punches....
Q-is-here

Re: Based on a true story

Post by Q-is-here »

Good story Carlos.

In the Wolves' version of the story, however, Lennie is a basketball genius.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Well... at least you could go home and be consoled by your pet.

Lennie killed his.
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

I feel like Joker is Lennie. He's killing us and seems unstoppable. And as others have mentioned, it's not like the Wolves are playing horrible. It's just that Joker is that much bigger/badder. Here is a nice write up with some clips to show Rudy vs. Joker. What can else can you do?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-playoffs-n ... 48050.html

I've felt good about this year's team all season. I was very proud of their sweep of the Suns. When they jumped out 2-0 to start this series on the road, I got nervous/flash backs. This has happened before - a couple times. I've also lived through the 1998 Vikings team that steam rolled through the regular season and playoffs only to get bumped by the friggin' Dirty Birds.

I'm not saying I completely give up. This team has surprised all of us - many times. It will be interesting to see what kind of fight they have left in them for the next game. I'm just shell shocked. All we had to do was win one of those two home games and it would have been all but over :x
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

Carlos Danger wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:45 am I feel like Joker is Lennie. He's killing us and seems unstoppable. And as others have mentioned, it's not like the Wolves are playing horrible. It's just that Joker is that much bigger/badder. Here is a nice write up with some clips to show Rudy vs. Joker. What can else can you do?

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-playoffs-n ... 48050.html

I've felt good about this year's team all season. I was very proud of their sweep of the Suns. When they jumped out 2-0 to start this series on the road, I got nervous/flash backs. This has happened before - a couple times. I've also lived through the 1998 Vikings team that steam rolled through the regular season and playoffs only to get bumped by the friggin' Dirty Birds.

I'm not saying I completely give up. This team has surprised all of us - many times. It will be interesting to see what kind of fight they have left in them for the next game. I'm just shell shocked. All we had to do was win one of those two home games and it would have been all but over :x
The Vikings in 98 was much more dramatic for me, like by many multiples. I actually felt sick after the game and ill for a couple after. I was naive thinking that team was unstoppable. The Nuggets looked cook after game 2, but I didn't write them off like the Falcons in 98. All they had to do was win game 3 and I knew they had a chance. The Wolves came in flat (and pathetic to be honest) and gave the Nuggets a spark of huge confidence and belief. Now they got momentum and are not letting it go.

I felt like the Wolves had close to a zero percent chance after the game 4 loss. Giving up homecourt like that was sad. You had your chance and blew it. Now it may not be technically over but it feels like it. The Wolves need a miracle to win this series now. I would say 1% chance.
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

You guys remember what happens to Lennie at the end right?!! :D We got this!
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Wolvesfan21 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:36 am
The Vikings in 98 was much more dramatic for me, like by many multiples. I actually felt sick after the game and ill for a couple after. I was naive thinking that team was unstoppable. The Nuggets looked cook after game 2, but I didn't write them off like the Falcons in 98. All they had to do was win game 3 and I knew they had a chance. The Wolves came in flat (and pathetic to be honest) and gave the Nuggets a spark of huge confidence and belief. Now they got momentum and are not letting it go.
Same! :lol: Never in my life had I ever been more invested in a team. I never missed a single snap - the whole season. I read every word in every article about them in the StarTribune. I felt like I was part of something very special. Thankfully, I at least have the 1987 and 1991 Twins teams. Other than those - it's been mostly disappointments and misery!
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

SameOldNudityDrew wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:43 am You guys remember what happens to Lennie at the end right?!! :D We got this!
Well played. Thank you Drew. I needed that! :lol:
SameOldNudityDrew

Post by SameOldNudityDrew »

Carlos Danger wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 pm
SameOldNudityDrew wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:43 am You guys remember what happens to Lennie at the end right?!! :D We got this!
Well played. Thank you Drew. I needed that! :lol:
As long as we're George, and not Curley's wife!
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

The only reason this isn't killing me as much as a Vikings NFC Championship loss, is that it takes multiple games to officially put a team down so the pain doesn't hit all at once