20 years later to the day...Another Game 7. GDT

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
FNG

20 years later to the day...Another Game 7. GDT

Post by FNG »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXKjpPaeAYU

May 19, 2004 was the last time the Wolves played in a Game 7. I guess we get one every 20 years or so. I was lucky enough to be at Target Center for that one, and my ears are still ringing. Unfortunately I won't see this one in person and maybe not even live. I'm on the road the next two days, so as unorthodox as it is, I'm getting this game day thread started early. You guys wouldn't forgive me if I didn't tee this one up, and you'll have plenty of time to game plan before Sunday in this thread!

Game 6 was a very odd game for Joker with very little time in the paint and only 2 assists. He also had only 2 assists in 18 minutes in their first game of the season, but there was only one other game all season where he had so few...March 19 against us. I don't know what to attribute his performance to tonight. Was it KAT's defense, or Jokic's indifference? If it's the former, I feel pretty good about Sunday. But my sense is that Joker was looking ahead to Game 7 tonight. He didn't seem to bring the same energy that he did Tuesday. So KAT is going to have to be especially focused Sunday in bodying Jokic if we're going to move on to the finals.

Right now I'm just happy that we have made to a game 7 against the defending champs, but I'll be a lot happier if we win Sunday! Until then, enjoy the 2004 game above, and enjoy the game even more Sunday!
TheGrey08

Re: 20 years later to the day...Another Game 7. GDT

Post by TheGrey08 »

Since it's game 7 related, gotta share this clip from Ant's presser lol
https://x.com/WorldWideWob/status/1791310348185936239

PS: I like the thread title. Lets get it!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Well, ya gotta include this clip as well!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J2zudcnYkY
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Oh man....one game takes all. This is what it's all about. There will be heroes. And there will be goats. And it could be any player on both sides. It doesn't get any better than this. Thanks for teeing this one up FNG - I always bet the streak!
davemang

Post by davemang »

It’s on kg’s birthday too! If you would have told me we’d be in a game seven in the second round with the defending champs at the beginning of the playoffs, I’d take that 100/100 times
WildWolf2813

Post by WildWolf2813 »

Even though I still maintain that the 2004 Wolves were better and with a healthy Cassell, we beat the Lakers and eventually the Pistons, I just feel like this is as close as we've ever been to the championship.

As a Rangers fan in hockey (and Yankees fan in baseball), this is the first time in my life where it's been this late in the sports year where I've watched all three 3 teams win on the same day, so regardless of what happens Sunday, I'll always remember this time.

But if they win on Sunday, I won't know what to do with myself and I'm currently in a city where every New Yorker thinks it's 1994 again.
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

So excited, game 7, on TNT with the classic jerseys with it sounds like Harlan on the call on the 20th anniversary of game 7
TheGrey08

Post by TheGrey08 »

kekgeek wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 12:36 am So excited, game 7, on TNT with the classic jerseys with it sounds like Harlan on the call on the 20th anniversary of game 7
Yeah this is a pretty great storyline. 20 years to the day, KG Bday, Harlan calling the game, etc. Should be a wild night!
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I watched the recording of game 6. A few things stood out. First, Denver missed a lot of good looks they’d normally make so it wasn’t just the Wolves defense. I don’t think the Nuggets will miss those shots in game 7. Second, the Wolves completely dominated the boards, out-rebounding the Nuggests by 19. The Wolves should win the battle of the boards tomorrow might, but I don’t expect anything close to the same 19-rebound margin. We also had 12 steals to Denver’s 6 and I don’t expect to see quite the same disparity in thievery tomorrow might.

The Nuggets’ energy level and shooter were both way below par Friday night and I don’t expect to see that again from them in game 7. At the same time, I don’t expect KAT and Naz to each have only 10 points shooting 40% of less from the field with no three-pointers. I also see Ant’s 27 point total in game 6 as a floor for what he’ll do tomorrow night. Bottom line is this. The 45-point margin in Game 6 means nothing in Game 7. Denver will bring high energy to the court and make shots you’d expect them to make. If the Wolves match or exceed Denver’s energy and intensity, the game will be close and I think the Wolves will win.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

I find the game impossible to predict. You should get maximum effort and intensity from both teams. Charles Barkley always says the best team wins in a 7 game series. I think we're the best team and if both sides play to their potential we should win. I just don't know if we're the most trustworthy team.