Tim Connelly here to stay after doubling his salary

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
BloopOracle

Tim Connelly here to stay after doubling his salary

Post by BloopOracle »

He will now make 15 million a year, I'm feeling pretty damn good about whoever owns the team next year paying the luxury tax!
Q-is-here

Re: Tim Connelly here to stay after doubling his salary

Post by Q-is-here »

Good news! My guess is that they are going to give this core group another year or two to win a title before he looks to re-tool again. That doesn't mean no one gets traded, but I have my doubts that anyone from the starting lineup is traded this offseason.

We ran into a Luka/Dallas buzzsaw, but had we gotten past Dallas, I think it would have been a coin flip series against Boston. We are close.
Phenom

Post by Phenom »

That's big boy spending. Soak it up guys.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

I love it! And yes, there’s little doubt we’ll be seeing the same team back next season. I honestly don’t see any minor trades because of the 2nd apron restrictions. So while it’s nearly certain the core of Ant, Jaden, KAT, Rudy, Conley and Naz will be back, I would also expect to see the return of NAW, Slo Mo, Morris and JMac. I’m not sure about the remaining four: Miller, Minott, Moore and Garza. I think they’ll keep Garza unless he gets a better offer with more playing time. I could see them dealing Miller or Minott for a future pick (but not both) - perhaps as part of a draft day deal. I think they’ll let Moore walk since he has no trade value. Any of those three spots could be filled effectively by a vet minimum guy within the framework of the 2nd apron.
Coolbreeze44

Post by Coolbreeze44 »

Q-is-here wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:25 pm Good news! My guess is that they are going to give this core group another year or two to win a title before he looks to re-tool again. That doesn't mean no one gets traded, but I have my doubts that anyone from the starting lineup is traded this offseason.

We ran into a Luka/Dallas buzzsaw, but had we gotten past Dallas, I think it would have been a coin flip series against Boston. We are close.
I'm hanging on to the notion we ran out of gas after the grueling Nuggets series. Yes, we could have beaten Dallas and Boston if we had been through this before. The hope is we come back with a better understanding of what it takes and we are ready to take the next step. I have to keep telling myself this to avoid experiencing the full brunt of the loss.
Lipoli390

Post by Lipoli390 »

Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:08 pm
Q-is-here wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:25 pm Good news! My guess is that they are going to give this core group another year or two to win a title before he looks to re-tool again. That doesn't mean no one gets traded, but I have my doubts that anyone from the starting lineup is traded this offseason.

I'm hanging on to the notion we ran out of gas after the grueling Nuggets series. Yes, we could have beaten Dallas and Boston if we had been through this before. The hope is we come back with a better understanding of what it takes and we are ready to take the next step. I have to keep telling myself this to avoid experiencing the full brunt of the loss.
I feel the same way, Cool. I just keep coming back to MJ’s Bulls after the Pistons knocked them out of the Conference finals. MJ and the entire team dedicated their offseason to improving their strength and conditioning. They came back the next season highly motivated and better prepared both physically and mentally for the long haul. If our guys take that same approach and adopt the same attitude I like our chances next season.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Lipoli390 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:30 pm
Coolbreeze44 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:08 pm

I feel the same way, Cool. I just keep coming back to MJ’s Bulls after the Pistons knocked them out of the Conference finals. MJ and the entire team dedicated their offseason to improving their strength and conditioning. They came back the next season highly motivated and better prepared both physically and mentally for the long haul. If our guys take that same approach and adopt the same attitude I like our chances next season.
We do legit have to get better on offense both organically and through swapping out a player or two in the rotation (e.g. SloMo needs to be replaced with someone that is respected as a shooter).
Carlos Danger

Post by Carlos Danger »

Well, this is great news. Now we just have to figure who the actual owners will be and we can get back to business.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Well... I was wrong.

WHAT?

Next, you guys are gonna tell me that I was wrong about Anthony Edwards, too.

[Note: But at least I was right about Rashad McCants being the anti-christ.]
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:03 am Well... I was wrong.

WHAT?

Next, you guys are gonna tell me that I was wrong about Anthony Edwards, too.

[Note: But at least I was right about Rashad McCants being the anti-christ.]
He's not the worst draft pick in Wolves history. Not even close. He was even an above avg 3P shooter. Couldn't do anything else well though.