Spagnolo had surgery

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
Sundog

Spagnolo had surgery

Post by Sundog »

Lost track of this guy…

“Initially set to miss several weeks with an injury in his left foot, but persisting pain led to a decision to undergo surgery. He has been projected to be sidelined for three to four months, according to the Albatrosse. Extending his international career to the FIBA OQT in San Juan can be ruled out as well.”

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/bbl/166418 ... n-germany/
Carlos Danger

Re: Spagnolo had surgery

Post by Carlos Danger »

Yeah...I was fine taking a flier on an International guy with such a late pick. But it doesn't look like he's going to be the next Manu Ginobili. Oh well. Next.
Monster

Re: Spagnolo had surgery

Post by Monster »

I had seen he wasn’t doing too well this year. It’s too bad he won’t be able to participate with his country’s team. Talent is one thing but he has had issues staying healthy. Ankle injuries now a foot surgery…that’s not good. I don’t have any expectations now after the previous season where after a slow start he started to look more promising. He wasn’t completely healthy so he didn’t playing in summer league and then moving up to a more competitive league hasn’t gone well. Still he is 21 years old and the Wolves still have his rights. What if he slowly develops and in 4 years at the age of 25 looks like he could be a worthwhile combo rotation guard and he actually still wants to play in the NBA? He could be a small asset in a trade or signed to the roster. Most 2nd round picks don’t make the team and then typically the asset of making a pick is over. Spagnolo as a pick could have value like 7 years later. Probably not but it’s nice at this point to still have his rights or at least to complete some sort of trade where they sign the draft rights to satisfy the trade. Have we dealt away Henk Noel yet? lol