Vikings at Browns GDT

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
60WinTim

Vikings at Browns GDT

Post by 60WinTim »

Welp, I assume starters will not be playing today, so probably not worth watching, but I'll be planted in front of the boob-tube anyway...

i doubt our new QB signee, Matt Corral, will get any snaps. Which leaves the game in Hall's and Mullens' hands. I am still a fan of Hall. He needs to figure out how to move around a bit to avoid having passes tipped at the line. I hope he starts, puts on a good show, thus keeping the door open for sticking on the 53-man roster as one of the backup QBs.
Monster

Re: Vikings at Browns GDT

Post by Monster »

60WinTim wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 12:15 pm Welp, I assume starters will not be playing today, so probably not worth watching, but I'll be planted in front of the boob-tube anyway...

i doubt our new QB signee, Matt Corral, will get any snaps. Which leaves the game in Hall's and Mullens' hands. I am still a fan of Hall. He needs to figure out how to move around a bit to avoid having passes tipped at the line. I hope he starts, puts on a good show, thus keeping the door open for sticking on the 53-man roster as one of the backup QBs.
I was disappointed in Hall's performance in game one but then there was a video of all his passes on that game and I was like...I kinda want to see more. He physically looked the part. In this game he and Mullins both looked good. Corral...well that didn't go well but he was signed days or maybe even hours before he got out there. I liked that signing. After the performance in this game Hall may end up making the roster after all and Corral could come back on the PS. It's a good situation for Corral KOC is considered a bit of a QB whisperer and next season the backup job could be wide open. I'd guess he will get a chunk of snaps in the final preseason game and be more prepared.

As for the rest of the team there were some good things going out there. Cine had a bunch of splash plays. It's gonna be interesting to see how that DB group plays out especially now that Gilmore has been signed. It's not hard to think the Vikings CBs will be better than last year. The bar is pretty low.