Vikings at Giants GDT

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
60WinTim

Vikings at Giants GDT

Post by 60WinTim »

How can game 1 of a 17 game season be a must win?!?

It seems most media, and many fans, don't think the Vikings will sniff the playoffs this year. I like to think there are a number of reason why they could be pretty competitive. But given our schedule on paper in the first 7 games, this could be one of our better shots at a win the first half of the season. So, yeah, from a "playoff" point of view, this game kind of qualifies as a must win game.

But the this season is much more about developing some young talent and seeing what our deficiencies are so they can be address next offseason when we are supposed to have boat loads of FA spending money. JJ McCarthy has an entire season to learn what an NFL season is like, even if he cannot play. And we should be ready to be a great team next year.

But in the meantime, I wouldn't mind making THIS year be interesting!

Go Vikings!
FNG

Re: Vikings at Giants GDT

Post by FNG »

Tough to be optimistic with Darnold at the helm. I had them at 6-11 until the Packers lost their QB. Now I have them 7-10. I’m a rube though, so I’m on my couch watching them while I should be outside!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Hmm. Lost of fumble on our 3rd offensive possession. Shades of last year’s start?!?
FNG

Post by FNG »

Defense doesn’t look too bad. But then again, it’s only the giants.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

And an above average running back makes a difference! Alexander would not have gotten that touchdown.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

Darnold looking pretty good out there. But as stated earlier, it’s only the Giants.

A 99-yard TD drive is pretty sweet!
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

Always hard for me to ramp up for football when it still feels a bit like summer, but being in a Fantasy league kind of forces me to pay attention!
FNG

Post by FNG »

Almost a perfect first half (except for the one fumble and the penalties), and it continues on the first drive of the second half. So many guys on defense I've never heard of, but man they have been effective! Are we much better than I would have expected, or are the Giants just that bad. I guess we'll find out next week against the niners. Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy this butt-kicking!
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I thought Van Ginkle was having a great game BEFORE he made that interception for a touchdown!

Giants are pretty bad, aren’t they?
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

I love this forum for the Wolves talk, but it's lacking for Vikings/Wild talk. For anyone interested https://purplepainforums.com is an excellent Vikings forum. It has plenty of game day talk, and is busy all off season!

I don't mean to draw people away from this forum, just offering up an option. If it's unwelcome I apologize and the mod(s) can delete this post.