Tick Tick Tick...

Any And All Things T-Wolves Related
60WinTim

Tick Tick Tick...

Post by 60WinTim »

The clock is ticking! Media Day is on the 30th at the end of this month. The Timberwolves have regularly been posting pictures of various players working out in town this summer, especially Rob and Terrence.

After showing how good the Wolves can be, we should have pretty high expectations for this season. We are returning our top 7 guys in terms of MPG. SloMo played the 8th most MPG last season, so it will be interesting to see who steps up to take over that 8th spot in the rotation: Terrence, Ingles, Miller and/or Minott. The 9th spot was shared by JMac, Milton, and Morris. Our hope is that Rob can fill that void, and maybe even develop into something more. Plus PJ Dozier is sitting in the wings to step in on days Rob is struggling. Lots of intrigue coming up for a team that has its top 7 players locked in!

Anyway, I'm sitting down to watch the Vikings. I'll start a GDT on the Vikings forum.
Wolvesfan21

Re: Tick Tick Tick...

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

We have more depth and likely more top end punch aa well considering guys are coming back after playing together for 1 or many years (Naz/Ant/Kat/Rudy/Jaden). Ant has taken steps every year getting better. KAT and Naz tooks steps up defensively in the playoffs. Now add in potential in Shannon and Rob, with a 3 point sniper in Ingles which we lacked and needed at times. We can go heavy offense or defense when needed and have extra deep depth! Injuries will happen at times, no longer is it that big of a concern. As long as they are short term of course. ***Knocks on wood and crosses fingers***
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

We have a new transaction!! Wolves sign Chasson Randle to an Exhibit 10 contract. I assume this is another PG candidate for Iowa. He's been around the block quite a bit, most recently internationally. I doubt he is vying for Nix's 2-way contract, but you do need players in Iowa. TC had him in his Denver camp in 2022, so must know something about him...
BloopOracle

Post by BloopOracle »

Amazing, came into the 2020 draft wondering if Edwards even liked basketball, now he's posting reels on social media about how impatient he is to start the season
Leado01

Post by Leado01 »

Really happy with Randle signing....my brother coached him in HS and he's a really level headed consistent performer.

Great at midrange and can get to his spots. It's awesome having him in the org. With another 3 inches I think he would have been a very good NBA backup.
1965-2023
"He Meant Well"
Monster

Post by Monster »

Leado01 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:10 pm Really happy with Randle signing....my brother coached him in HS and he's a really level headed consistent performer.

Great at midrange and can get to his spots. It's awesome having him in the org. With another 3 inches I think he would have been a very good NBA backup.
He will likely be a nice vet player for the Iowa Squad. For what it's worth the past 2 professional seasons he has ended up shooting around 40 percent from 3. If he is solid on D and can hit a 3 he could be useful. Again my guess is he ends up in the G-league but he has a chance there to make an impression and at least get a 10-day contract from a team, get a reasonably nice payday plus bank another year of service time in the NBA.
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

I've put basketball on snooze for the last couple of months. But one thing that I'm curious about is what on God's green earth is going on with the ownership situation!? I thought there was arbitration or something going on or has this thing totally fizzled out quietly with ALore accepting their lot as minority owners?
kekgeek

Post by kekgeek »

Q-is-here wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:18 am I've put basketball on snooze for the last couple of months. But one thing that I'm curious about is what on God's green earth is going on with the ownership situation!? I thought there was arbitration or something going on or has this thing totally fizzled out quietly with ALore accepting their lot as minority owners?
Arbitration is late November. Got to do it the wolves way the least efficient way possible
Q-is-here

Post by Q-is-here »

kekgeek wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:46 am
Q-is-here wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:18 am I've put basketball on snooze for the last couple of months. But one thing that I'm curious about is what on God's green earth is going on with the ownership situation!? I thought there was arbitration or something going on or has this thing totally fizzled out quietly with ALore accepting their lot as minority owners?
Arbitration is late November. Got to do it the wolves way the least efficient way possible
Thanks Kek. What awful timing. I thought this mess was going to get resolved this offseason.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Q-is-here wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:14 pm
kekgeek wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:46 am
Thanks Kek. What awful timing. I thought this mess was going to get resolved this offseason.
That's cute you thought it would get resolved in a timely fashion. Still... November will be here before we know it. Idk how it's already middle of September.