Indians series

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Indians series

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

We should all be delighted to be in first place in mid June. On the other hand, it's discouraging to be starting four pitchers against our closest competitor who would be unlikely to be on any major league roster. A rained out double header today would be a gift from above, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. The best we can hope for is to salvage one game, leaving us percentage points ahead of Cleveland after the series. I'm hoping for a split today.
Monster

Re: Indians series

Post by Monster »

It's a key series at this point of the season. Someone would have had to thrown a gen to win the game last night with Rosario getting one run across the plate. Breslow and Pressly did their jobs so that was encouraging even if it didn't matter in this game.

I'll also add that the strike zone was really low in this game and from what I could see that really benefited Cleveland's starter.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Ouch...dropped 4 in a row to go from 2 up to 2 down. And none of the games were even close. There will be a lot of despair in Twins land like there was after the Houston series debacle, but maybe they can battle back like they did after Houston. Unfortunately, the pitching matchups for the next Cleveland series look to be almost as bad as this weekend :(.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

longstrangetrip wrote:Ouch...dropped 4 in a row to go from 2 up to 2 down. And none of the games were even close. There will be a lot of despair in Twins land like there was after the Houston series debacle, but maybe they can battle back like they did after Houston. Unfortunately, the pitching matchups for the next Cleveland series look to be almost as bad as this weekend :(.

This team projects to be over -100 in run differential for the season. It is ridiculous they've managed to win as much as they have, but it just isn't sustainable. Good thing I'm no BB fan!
Monster

Post by Monster »

It was a disappointing series no doubt but I do t think they are done either. The bats didn't really show up in the series either they could have salacaged another game if they had gotten a few more hits. If they don't have at least 3 legit starters and one more receiver that's worthwhile then yeah they are gonna fall apart. I think there is still a chance they can keep things going. We will see.
Q12543 [enjin:6621299]

Post by Q12543 [enjin:6621299] »

I think this is what's called regressing to the mean. They were playing over their heads up until now.

Still....they have some promising young players and hopefully they don't completely fall apart and may be finish the season around .500-ish.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

I blame Mollie for this series he needs to better job hiding our starting pitching. How he didn't have Berrios or Santana not throw is ridiculous and is on him to figure out his rotation two weeks before hand.

The fact is this team will not make the playoffs with out a third starter and upgraded bullpen.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Jester1534 wrote:
The fact is this team will not make the playoffs with out a third starter and upgraded bullpen.

Agreed
Monster

Post by Monster »

I watched Sunday night's game and it was more enjoyable than I was expecting. Gibson actually looked encouraging. He seemed confident and pumped up and made some good pitches. I was a bit worried about him going into the 6th but 5 innings of 1 run ball...heck I'll take that. 6 innings of 3 run ball is far from terrible. If Gibson pitches more like that the rest of the season he won't suck and that will help. We will see.

The Twins made some mistakes and at times didn't play sparkling defense in this series. Maybe they get a few hits and make a couple really plays in the field and they get a game. Of course Cleveland could be getting hot and the Twins caught and other good team playing well. The just spanked Baltimore 12-0. Even good teams go though some tougher stretches. I see Houston is only 4-6 in their last 10 games.

We will see what the Twins have the next few games.