2015 NFL draft thread

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

2015 NFL draft thread

Post by Monster »

So Speilman said the 11th pick is up for grabs and he wasn't trading AP. Then tonight AP basically said Dallas sounded nice. Lol who do you believe and about what?

This should be an interesting draft but I love watching it every year for some reason.
TRKO [enjin:12664595]

Re: 2015 NFL draft thread

Post by TRKO [enjin:12664595] »

Trade AP and get Guerly.

As a Rams fan I hope we fix our horrible offensive line. I'm not holding my breath though. As a St Louisan I'm going to enjoy the last draft for the St. Louis Rams.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

Keep AP and draft DeVante Parker. The more weapons Bridgewater has, the better his progression will be. Not to mention he already has a relationship with Parker and the value fits the draft slot. If healthy, the Vikings could surprise people next year.

I'm a Chargers fan as some of you already know. I hate having your franchise player in trade rumors and I caught it in back to back years (Kevin Love - Wolves; Philip Rivers - Chargers)! Ugh!

I hope at No. 17 we're able to grab Todd Gurley (RB), Cam Erving (OC/OG), Ereck Flowers (OT) or Randy Gregory (OLB) if he falls.

If the unthinkable happens and San Diego does trade Rivers for Marcus Mariota, well, all my pro teams will be in rebuild/re-tool mode. At least they'll all have a blue-chipper to work with. (Chargers - Mariota, Wolves - Wiggins, Twins - Buxton)
Volans19

Post by Volans19 »

I'm a Packers fan and one again we pick at the end of the draft (not a bad problem to have ;)) and nothing really exictes me there. Hopefully we can snag an ILB or trade down to the early second round and grab an extra 6th or 7th round pick.

I think that AP gets traded tonight. Maybe the Cowboys or Cardinals will make a move, if so the Vikes should go with Gurley or Gordon and keep that youth movement going on offense

Camden0916 wrote:Keep AP and draft DeVante Parker. The more weapons Bridgewater has, the better his progression will be. Not to mention he already has a relationship with Parker and the value fits the draft slot. If healthy, the Vikings could surprise people next year.

I'm a Chargers fan as some of you already know. I hate having your franchise player in trade rumors and I caught it in back to back years (Kevin Love - Wolves; Philip Rivers - Chargers)! Ugh!

I hope at No. 17 we're able to grab Todd Gurley (RB), Cam Erving (OC/OG), Ereck Flowers (OT) or Randy Gregory (OLB) if he falls.

If the unthinkable happens and San Diego does trade Rivers for Marcus Mariota, well, all my pro teams will be in rebuild/re-tool mode. At least they'll all have a blue-chipper to work with. (Chargers - Mariota, Wolves - Wiggins, Twins - Buxton)

Trading Rivers would be a horrible move.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

TRKO wrote:
Camden0916 wrote:Keep AP and draft DeVante Parker. The more weapons Bridgewater has, the better his progression will be. Not to mention he already has a relationship with Parker and the value fits the draft slot. If healthy, the Vikings could surprise people next year.

Trading Rivers would be a horrible move.

I agree...he's got several more years in him, and he looked terrific last year. Gurley may be there at 17, and would be a really nice pick for the Chargers there, but I don't profess to be an expert on their needs.

I'm still hoping that some team gets a crush on AP and makes Rick an offer he can't refuse. Absent that, I'm excited about his returning next year.

I'll be holding my breath hoping the big Iowa guard drops to the Vikings at 11. Seems like a pipe dream because he is considered such a stud, but offensive guards are rarely picked in the top 10 picks. If he isn't there at 11, I'm don't know if I love any of the WR's or CB's enough to draft them that early. I'd look for Rick to trade down instead.

As I Rams fan Scherff shouldn't be there at 11. If he is Cooper or White better be on the Rams.
Camden [enjin:6601484]

Post by Camden [enjin:6601484] »

The Chargers are said to l-o-v-e Gurley and he won't slip past them if he's there. Charley Casserly said if healthy, he'd be the best player in this draft, according to him. I would be ecstatic if we were able to get him. I've imagined it ever since Todd was a freshman at Georgia, to be honest.
60WinTim

Post by 60WinTim »

I must admit, I am a casual NFL/Vikings fan. So I know nothing about the draft or what the Vikings need. But I still find myself drawn in by the draft...

Rams got Gurley. I wanted a trade down or Parker, can't really complain. Just glad they didn't reach.

You guys like your pick?