One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Playoffs: 49ers

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Not impossible for us to win this game.
Wolvesfan21

Re: Playoffs: 49ers

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Not impossible for us to win this game.

Their defense was great earlier in the year too, but then they fell apart with some injuries. They'll be a good 4.5 favorite.
Monster

Post by Monster »

San Fran is a good team but they aren't exactly an explosive offense. This seems like a better matchup than the Saints. Hopefully the Vikings are up for this one.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

monsterpile wrote:San Fran is a good team but they aren't exactly an explosive offense. This seems like a better matchup than the Saints. Hopefully the Vikings are up for this one.

Agreed - Can you imagine an NFC Title game in Green Bay with Vikings and Packers?
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

WolvesFan21 wrote:

Their defense was great earlier in the year too, but then they fell apart with some injuries. They'll be a good 4.5 favorite.

They had 3 key defenders out late in the season but they'll be back for the Vikings. The O-line better be great or bad Cousins will make a retirn.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

They had 3 key defenders out late in the season but they'll be back for the Vikings. The O-line better be great or bad Cousins will make a retirn.

Yeah I heard that as well. All their guys are back healthy. I don't like this game as much as I liked going against the Saints. The 49ers had an elite defense when all their guys were healthy. I'm thinking the Niners win this one.

It's also on grass right, yeah their stadium is grass I think so which is weird but I like the Vikes playing on turf much better. They have speed and use speed and cutting ability in the running game too. They are also use to playing on turf. Just another element that is different. Different shoes, different cutting, etc. Even if Chicago and GB are grass, San Fran grass can be different. Oh and we lost those road games. Sigh.
mjs34

Post by mjs34 »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Yeah I heard that as well. All their guys are back healthy. I don't like this game as much as I liked going against the Saints. The 49ers had an elite defense when all their guys were healthy. I'm thinking the Niners win this one.

It's also on grass right, yeah their stadium is grass I think so which is weird but I like the Vikes playing on turf much better. They have speed and use speed and cutting ability in the running game too. They are also use to playing on turf. Just another element that is different. Different shoes, different cutting, etc. Even if Chicago and GB are grass, San Fran grass can be different. Oh and we lost those road games. Sigh.

As I have posted before, this game hinges on the Vikings unpredictable offensive play calling. That is how we help out our O line. It is imperative that we come out and throw the ball downfield on first and second downs. Doesn't have to be every time, but enough to keep the safeties back. I would also limit the two tight end sets where we don't spread the field, which allows corner blitzes.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

More bad news...San Fran's offense put up MUCH better numbers than I thought they did. #2 in rushing #2 in total points (I assume that includes all team scoring) and 4th in total yards. I guess just I'll assume another loss.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

More bad news...San Fran's offense put up MUCH better numbers than I thought they did. #2 in rushing #2 in total points (I assume that includes all team scoring) and 4th in total yards. I guess just I'll assume another loss.

Per drive the Niners are 5th in points scored and even better 4th in defense.

Vikes finished the year 6th in offensive points scored per drive and 8th in defense.

They have a better offense and defense and all their starters are back when their defense was ranked 2nd.

I really think our offense struggles in this one.
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:
TheSP wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Per drive the Niners are 5th in points scored and even better 4th in defense.

Vikes finished the year 6th in offensive points scored per drive and 8th in defense.

They have a better offense and defense and all their starters are back when their defense was ranked 2nd.

I really think our offense struggles in this one.

IF...we somehow see the type of defense we saw the Vikings play again at the Saints then the 49ers are going to have a hard token in this game. Stopping the run against all the guys they get the ball to in the rushing game will be key. I also saw a stat about Jimmy G 88% of his drop backs were straight drop backs 5th in the league and the Vikings the 7th most pressures against that. If they can get to him (tonight my friend pointed out The Vikings got pressure against an All pro in Ramczyk on Sunday so...it should be interesting. I still don't feel confident about this game but I think it will be interesting. The Vikings have a lot of weapons on offense and we will see what Zimmer and the D has for this game. Alexander is also done for the foreseeable future after having knee surgery.