Big Ten West Champion is crowned (Gophers vs Badgers)

Golden Gophers Of All Sports
Wolvesfan21

Big Ten West Champion is crowned (Gophers vs Badgers)

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

College game day is coming to the U of M for the first time. Biggest game in Gophers recent history (Last 50 years).

Can the Gophers stop the run? Taylor ran for another 200 years this week. Probably the biggest key to this game.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Big Ten West Champion is crowned (Gophers vs Badgers)

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Let's be completely honest. This is the biggest game for Gopher Football ever.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Let's be completely honest. This is the biggest game for Gopher Football ever.

Maybe, they have 7 claimed National Championships so I guess it could be debatable. I'm certainly no historical college football expert. Competition was different, etc.

It's the biggest game in my lifetime, I can say that!

WolvesFan21 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Let's be completely honest. This is the biggest game for Gopher Football ever.

Maybe, they have 7 claimed National Championships so I guess it could be debatable. I'm certainly no historical college football expert. Competition was different, etc.

Not nearly the exposure or hype back then. Not as much competition for peoples attention though either.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Not nearly the exposure or hype back then. Not as much competition for peoples attention though either.

Yeah, I said that. I don't want to crap on other eras, just because I wasn't there to see it. I respect what was done, but also acknowledge from my own experience. So I ride the fence.

Anyways, it's at home so I think the Gophers can win.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time college game day has broadcast from the Big 10?

I don't think you even have to stop the run against Wisconsin just keep them from running for like 200 as long as you can put up some points yourself.
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

monsterpile wrote:Is this the 2nd or 3rd time college game day has broadcast from the Big 10?

I don't think you even have to stop the run against Wisconsin just keep them from running for like 200 as long as you can put up some points yourself.

I would guess more, I mean, they had to have been at Ohio St a few times I'm sure over the years itself. Then you have Michigan, Penn St. , Mich St, Iowa (maybe) Wisconsin (maybe?).
Monster

Post by Monster »

WolvesFan21 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Is this the 2nd or 3rd time college game day has broadcast from the Big 10?

I would guess more, I mean, they had to have been at Ohio St a few times I'm sure over the years itself. Then you have Michigan, Penn St. , Mich St, Iowa (maybe) Wisconsin (maybe?).

Sorry I meant this season.

WolvesFan21 wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:
WolvesFan21 wrote:

Yeah, I said that. I don't want to crap on other eras, just because I wasn't there to see it. I respect what was done, but also acknowledge from my own experience. So I ride the fence.

Anyways, it's at home so I think the Gophers can win.

I think part of it is the amount of time that has gone by. The 1987 World Series had. UHC more excitement then 1991 to me and a lot of it was because we only had to wait 4 years.