bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Week 14: Lions

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Will Sloter play?
TAFKASP

Re: Week 14: Lions

Post by TAFKASP »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Will Sloter play?

If he does it would be pretty damn funny if he tore up the Vikes! You'd have to laugh if the guy you cut comes back and beats your ass!

TheSP wrote:

If he does it would be pretty damn funny if he tore up the Vikes! You'd have to laugh if the guy you cut comes back and beats your ass!

I am hoping for that just for the entertainment of it. This town would go nuts. It honestly would be a nightmare scenario for Zimmer.

Speaking of Zimmer if he doesn't sit Rhodes and he continues to get burned and we get killed in the playoffs in round 1 it might be time to move on from him as coach. We need to get younger.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
TheSP wrote:

I am hoping for that just for the entertainment of it. This town would go nuts. It honestly would be a nightmare scenario for Zimmer.

Speaking of Zimmer if he doesn't sit Rhodes and he continues to get burned and we get killed in the playoffs in round 1 it might be time to move on from him as coach. We need to get younger.

Are we so certain that whoever plays instead of Rhodes is meaningfully better? I'm fine finding out but just saying. I wonder if Rhodes would be better/more useful for another team playing more of a zone or cover 2 scheme. He seems to play well against the run. I'm ready to move on from him after the season for sure.

Nothing is certain in life or the NFL. I think at the rate we are being burned it is time to see. The Lions torched his last game. (Honestly, I didn't think his coverage was horrible, but he didn't play the ball)
Wolvesfan21

Post by Wolvesfan21 »

It's hard to say, Rhodes being benched or not. I'm not opposed to trying it. When your man is catching every ball thrown to him like last game, you might as well not even be on the field at all. What's the difference.

As far as Zimmer, I'm rolling with him still. He's a good coach. Things are trending in a better direction on offense finally. Keep the band together. Changing coaching every year (like the offense has pretty much) (Sherman, Norv, Stefanski, combo)doesn't make sense. Build on what you have for once.

I think Zimmer's ceiling has already been reached. I don't see him winning an NFC title as a HC.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Nothing is certain in life or the NFL. I think at the rate we are being burned it is time to see. The Lions torched his last game. (Honestly, I didn't think his coverage was horrible, but he didn't play the ball)

Rhodes playing the ball and trusting himself is the problem I see. Meanwhile you have Waynes getting his hands on guys and getting away with it but generally he is in position and engaged...it's like those guys switched places in terms of how they play...and in terms of ineptness. Waynes has more speed than Rhodes ever did but Rhodes is bigger.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

monsterpile wrote:Are we so certain that whoever plays instead of Rhodes is meaningfully better?

Nope, but we know Rhodes is terrible. He hasn't had a couple bad games, he's had a couple terrible seasons.

Will the Vikings step up these final four games and lay claim to the 6th playoff spot, or will they disappoint and get in by the hair on the chinny chin chins? If I were betting I'd put my money on making it as difficult as humanly possible, then they'll go out with barely a whimper in round one.

SKOL!

I predict the Vikings go 2-2. If they go 1-3 then Zimmer can go coach the Cowboys.