Dozier

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Dozier

Post by Jester1534 »

So working all night in this humidity got me thinking should we trade Dozier this offseason?

I believe there only has been 4 second basemen to ever hit 40 home runs. His value will never be higher and with his really really friendly contract he could give us a haul in return.

This team has been looking for ace starting pitching for years and I've liked what I've seen of Polanco and I think 2b is his true position. Dozier is the type of guy you can go to the Rays and says we want 3 top pitchers and they probably do it.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Re: Dozier

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I would be for it. It is not like we are going to get much worse trading him.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

If the return was right, I would be all over it. Polanco is showing us that with his scatter-arm he needs to play 2b, and you're right, Dozier's value would never be higher. He's having an MVP type season, and teams may even think he is getting better...more upside! But he's playing so well we would have to get something really good back...like a very good #2 pitcher...and I don't think that is likely.

Another reason I don't think it happens. Dozier is clearly the leader of this young team. If they think this roster can do anything next year (and I still do), there's really nobody else I see to provide dugout/clubhouse leadership. I don't think they even shop him, but there may be offers.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Unless you get an ace or a good catcher I don't see the point. This team doesn't need middle of the road prospects it has plenty of those.