Game Report Twins Phillies

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

Game Report Twins Phillies

Post by Jester1534 »

It's been awhile for a game report but was at the game tonight and thought I share my two cents on it.

Very long game that started out with hour and half rain delay but the twins got the win 6-5 so that was nice. Gibby was horrendous tonight fastball was up and his slider was flat. He was very lucky to get through 6 innings.

Kepler was star tonight again after making a crucial error in the field he came up and got a clutch hit and sac fly. It was nice to not see a twin hang his head because he made a mistake and went back out there and made the most out of opportunity to fix it.

I know we've been really down on dozier this year but he's starting to look like the all star dozier of last year. Average is around the .250 mark now and he even inside outted a curveball to right center for a double.

I'm gonna sad to see Plouffe be trade in July because he's fun to watch hit when he's locked in. I believe hes batting 400 during this home stand.

The last thing I'll close with is Buxton or ladies behind called him double B. He made three plays tonight that saved the twins 4 runs, I just wish he would figure it out at the plate. I don't know if it's pitch recognition or approach but man he swings at a lot of sliders in the dirt. I mean he had two 2-0 counts tonight which he swung both times at a slider in the dirt to make it 2-1. I'm not asking him to bat .300 but man if he could bat .250 and play defense like that I would take it.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Re: Game Report Twins Phillies

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Nice to get a game report, jester...my last three games have been so bad, I was out of there before the 6th inning! good to see them put together a little win streak.

You're right about BB not being able to recognize pitches...he's gotta get better, or he'll never hit much higher than low 200s. I will say two positive things about him though. As you said, his defense is game changing...he's really good out there. The second positive is his incredible speed. He is so disruptive on the bases that he scores at a very high rate when he is able to get on base...12 runs on only 28 hits and walks is better than any Twin other than Park (who has a high percentage of HRs out of his total times OB, and also is a pretty good baserunner).
Monster

Post by Monster »

I was noticing about a week ago when I was looking at the Twins stats that Dozier must be hitting well as his OBP was a decent chunk over .300 and I know he struggled a lot of the season before that. Now it's at a pretty healthy .333. He must have been pretty locked in for a while.

Also I agree it's gonna be too bad when Plouffe gets traded. I don't know anyone who expects him to stay put. It makes sense to move him though hopefully they can get something worthwhile back. That depends on him hitting so hopefully he gets in a groove and stays there.
Monster

Post by Monster »

It looks like Inam going to finally see the Twins play at Target Field. I am planning to go Sunday the 3rd as I will be up there that weekend. Will any of my family join me? Idk we will see. Lol it looks like Stub hub has better prices for tickets. Anyone have any better options? My mother in law may be able to get deals idk.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:It looks like Inam going to finally see the Twins play at Target Field. I am planning to go Sunday the 3rd as I will be up there that weekend. Will any of my family join me? Idk we will see. Lol it looks like Stub hub has better prices for tickets. Anyone have any better options? My mother in law may be able to get deals idk.

Do you have iPhone monster? Because what my fiancé and I do is wait till a half hour before game time and buy our tickets on stub hub. Last night we got ledgend club tickets for $20 a piece. Then you can download them to your passbook, I do this with Wild games too. People will drop there price by 50% in last half hour to just get something out of them.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:It looks like Inam going to finally see the Twins play at Target Field. I am planning to go Sunday the 3rd as I will be up there that weekend. Will any of my family join me? Idk we will see. Lol it looks like Stub hub has better prices for tickets. Anyone have any better options? My mother in law may be able to get deals idk.

Do you have iPhone monster? Because what my fiancé and I do is wait till a half hour before game time and buy our tickets on stub hub. Last night we got ledgend club tickets for $20 a piece. Then you can download them to your passbook, I do this with Wild games too. People will drop there price by 50% in last half hour to just get something out of them.

I do have an iPhone and that's how I usually post here. Thats an awesome tip.

In this case I'll probably just get a $10 ticket somewhere in the park somewhat in advance. I don't care too much where I am located it's more about just being there (we went on the tour last year) and if I went with my family it's probably good to get something ahead of time. Lol

There is a great local ticket service here that also does national stuff called Ticket Express. They are terrific to work with. They send you the tickets fed ex unless you want to pick them up but that's in Omaha. I got some college basketball tickets last year $2 fed ex to me. Well actually to my wife's work since you have to sign for them which was funny for a $2 ticket.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Monster, nobody's going to games this year, so just buy the cheapest seat in the house either on stub or on the street, and move to a better seat when you get there. You can really sit anywhere this season except the front boxes and Legends.

You're right about Dozier...he's been hitting well recently. But as my son pointed out to me, he's being getting a lot of inside fastballs from dumb pitchers. Other than the nice double to right jester mentioned, he's still pulling most of his hits. Pitchers will start giving him breaking stuff outside again soon.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Hey the talk of Cheap tickets makes me wonder did anyone here take advantage of that $99 season ticket deal that included a Kirby Puckett bat back when the Twins were terrible? Lol