Finally.

What a relief.
Jester1534

Re: Winning

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:Finally.

What a relief.

This season is crazy

The starters era is in the 2s and we are 1-9 who would've thought. Going into today 6-66 with RISP
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

Yeah, certainly a relief. I have my first game in my shared season ticket next Tuesday afternoon, and I've been embarrassed to ask anybody to join me...now I can extend an invitation!

I'm in NYC for a few days so didn't see the win, but it looks like the middle of the lineup (Sano, Plouffe and Park) finally came through. Maybe Mollie needs to stick with Nunez for awhile too while he's so hot. The guy has always been a hitter...it's his glove (oh, and being stuck behind Jeter) that has always kept him on the bench.

Was last night's game the one that finally unlocks the hitting potential of this club? I hope so.
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

It's a long way back from an 0-9 start, but at least it's good to get 2 wins under our belts. We were five games under .500 after the first 6 games last year and still ended up challenging for the playoffs, so 7 games under isn't much worse. Most importantly, it looks like the bats are coming alive. We never scored more than 3 runs in our first 9 games, and now we have scored 5 and 6 in our last 2...good to see 3 HR's today too. It was just a matter of time before this team started hitting, and 5-6 runs a game is more what we should be getting from them.

Edit: By the way, Park's HR was measured at 462 feet to center!
Monster

Post by Monster »

Nice to see some HRs and great to get 2 in a row. Hopefully they can get on a little roll and get close to .500.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Im finally home and was at the game today and thought I give a little game report.

Twins came out of the gate fired up and had a chance to break it open early but another really bad AB by Eddie Rosario got the Angels out of it. I'm really worried about Eddie his approach at the plate is just so horrendous, I believe I heard the other day he's been behind in the count in 80% of his abs.

Nolasco really struggled in the second. He kept throwing hanging after hanging breaking ball, but Murphy made a really nice play on a throw home he cut it off and guned a runner out at two. It seemed to relax Nolasco and he eventually found his curveball. It was nice to see him battle for once, he obviously didn't have his best stuff tonight but he did what a 12 mil pitcher should do and found a way through it.

Dont know if you guys know this but Park nick name is Park Bang in KBO. Damn that was shot to dead center he hit the new pizza Luche place in dead center. Longest ball I've seen hit since Thome hit the flag pole. I'm telling you give this guy till the end of June (just like Kang did) because if he figures it out he has scary power.

Also Arcia had a big home run and actually hit the ball hard all day. He hit a 1-2 curve early in the game to give us a 2 out run. Then hit and oppo bomb on a change up. That's the Arcia I'm not used to seeing.

My unsum hero would be Murphy, he was fabulous catching today. He was 2-2 for throwing out runners and made a huge play in the second to help us get out of that inning. I don't think Kurt would've made any of those plays.

Not as good as a Coolbreeze 2+1 but there you go lol I'll be at tomorrow's game too.
Monster

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:Im finally home and was at the game today and thought I give a little game report.

Twins came out of the gate fired up and had a chance to break it open early but another really bad AB by Eddie Rosario got the Angels out of it. I'm really worried about Eddie his approach at the plate is just so horrendous, I believe I heard the other day he's been behind in the count in 80% of his abs.

Nolasco really struggled in the second. He kept throwing hanging after hanging breaking ball, but Murphy made a really nice play on a throw home he cut it off and guned a runner out at two. It seemed to relax Nolasco and he eventually found his curveball. It was nice to see him battle for once, he obviously didn't have his best stuff tonight but he did what a 12 mil pitcher should do and found a way through it.

Dont know if you guys know this but Park nick name is Park Bang in KBO. Damn that was shot to dead center he hit the new pizza Luche place in dead center. Longest ball I've seen hit since Thome hit the flag pole. I'm telling you give this guy till the end of June (just like Kang did) because if he figures it out he has scary power.

Also Arcia had a big home run and actually hit the ball hard all day. He hit a 1-2 curve early in the game to give us a 2 out run. Then hit and oppo bomb on a change up. That's the Arcia I'm not used to seeing.

My unsum hero would be Murphy, he was fabulous catching today. He was 2-2 for throwing out runners and made a huge play in the second to help us get out of that inning. I don't think Kurt would've made any of those plays.

Not as good as a Coolbreeze 2+1 but there you go lol I'll be at tomorrow's game too.

Thanks for the report.
Monster

Post by Monster »

3 in a row.

The Pen got the job done

Arica with a big game

Plouffe hurt

Nice win now onto the Brewers.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

monsterpile wrote:3 in a row.

The Pen got the job done

Arica with a big game

Plouffe hurt

Nice win now onto the Brewers.

Nice win yesterday, Gibby was fantastic just threw one hanging slider to the machine.

The player of the game without doubt was Tonkin yesterday, 2 IP and 4 strike outs. He also in the 11th struck out Trout and Puljos back to back I thought for sure we were going to give up a run that inning.

Other notes Eddie Rosario is so lost at the plate, I mean he had a 2-0 count with the bases loaded and swung at 3 straight breaking balls in the dirt. He has to come with a better plan to the plate or he's gonna hit 200 all year.

One last note was Buxton man his speed can change a game. Also after getting down 0-2 in the 9th he smacked a curve ball which Simmons made a fantastic dig on him. (Damn the Braves got fleeced in that trade Simmons defensively is so legit) Then he laid a good bunt 11th which freaking Mauer ruined by not getting a walking lead.

Let's go get two more
Monster

Post by Monster »

It was an abbreviated win but I will take it. It looks like there were some more encouraging signs in this one. Lets hope this turnaround is for real and they can keep going.