Vikings 2018 Offseason

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Vikings 2018 Offseason

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Well this will be an interesting offseason.

What do we do at QB?
Will RG Berger and CB Newman?
Was CB Waynes exposed or can we count on him next year?
How do we address DL depth?
Will we be able to upgrade the OL?
Who will be the OC?

Lots of questions with this team.
Monster

Re: Vikings 2018 Offseason

Post by Monster »

It will be a very interesting offseason.

Draft picks this year by round.

http://m.vikings.com/news/article-1/2018-Minnesota-Vikings-Draft-Picks/1e26b093-1ac5-4e1c-9e3a-27a680359e1c
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Well this will be an interesting offseason.

What do we do at QB?
Who will be the OC?

Too soon? Good for you bleed but man I am at a loss. We had the #1 ranked D and now my inclination is to say we need to beef up our d. Crazy.
Monster

Post by Monster »

thedoper wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:Well this will be an interesting offseason.

What do we do at QB?
Who will be the OC?

Too soon? Good for you bleed but man I am at a loss. We had the #1 ranked D and now my inclination is to say we need to beef up our d. Crazy.

Too soon to look at the offseason? Probably for some.

It's one game I mean even Harrison Smith looked bad and he is one of the best players in the league and you never see him have a bad game. If Newman retires we would need to add a CB and probably need to add another you talent even if he stays. I'm not worried about waynes either there was a stat about going into this game QB rating when throwing at him was pretty impressive especially considering how much he was thrown at opposite Rhodes (who battled injuries for weeks down the stretch).

It is never too soon. I have been thinking about next year starting in October.

Forgot about Brian Robison, but he has become a backup.

I expect a lot more out of Jaleel Johnson next year. I have a feeling Danny Isidora or be pretty good for us.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I think the DB's crumbled when we got no pressure on Foles. They are coached to shut down the first move and then the play should be over. In that game Foles just sat in the pocket for 5-6 seconds and when the first move got shut down they just turned up field and it was over. Also Waynes has been getting beat deep all year. He's just lucked out that most of those plays ended up incomplete from poor passes. Newman should retire. He was exposed the last two weeks and targeted frequently. We need another edge rusher to rotate in. B Rob has been doing nothing lately and Griffin wad hurt for the second half of the year so we just got no pressure against two good O-lines. We have a boatload of cap space. I would draft for the trenches and then try to sign a top CB like Butler to shore up our pass defense if we ever get into the same position again with a poor pass rush. QB is completely up in the air for me. I'd be fine with a god father offer to Brees, a decent chunk of change for Cousins or a 1-2 year flyer on a guy like Tyrod to give Teddy more time to get some game time under his belt.

Khans - I agree with that. It was crazy how we could get no pressure on Foles.

What we do at QB is going to be key. Not sure what the market will be for any of these guys. I think teams might look at the Shurmur factor. Getting the right OC will be key. I wonder if Shurmur will pick anyone off this staff for OC or DC.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

bleedspeed177 wrote:It is never too soon. I have been thinking about next year starting in October.

I appreciate it, I was just going through my annual end of season moping.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I think that the Eagles offensive coaching staff and Foles should get some credit for what happened as well. They were getting the ball out quickly and Foles after the first drive or 2 was really dialed in and made several terrific throws.

I think Waynes made some nice progress this year and it's not unrealistic to think he steps up his game even more next year Alexander was better than I expected and I was hopeful. Rhodes was banged up a lot the last half of the season or so and while he was able to keep playing and still play at a pretty high level that's concerning. I wonder if Newman would have been more effective if he had played fewer snaps. I wouldn't mind seeing him back but they need another guy that's worth playing there and unfortunately T. Brock didn't give them much and was injured some as well. There are always worthwhile CB prospects available in any draft throughout so that could be one way to add someone but Inwould hope for someone more experienced.