Adrian Peterson Legacy

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Adrian Peterson Legacy

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I saw this article. It looks like AP won't be playing again in the NFL to me. So what does his legacy look like? To me, he is one of those guys that his stats oversay his value.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/07/petersons-career-will-legacy/
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Re: Adrian Peterson Legacy

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

I would actually say stats don't really do him justice even though he has insane stats. He was honestly just an insane combination of speed and power at the position. If he was in the league 10 years earlier he'd probably be considered the greatest running back of all time because his career would have been during a more RB friendly time. But who knows if he ever comes back from the knee injury without the technology we had at the time to fix it. To me, peak AP is the greatest Running Back I've ever seen in my short life. He was an unstoppable force. Every run felt like he could take it to the house after piling up a body count of would be tacklers behind him.
Monster

Post by Monster »

To me his legacy can be simply how good of a runner he was and he was one of the best I have seen. He is a RB and yes he had some flaws but he was a good player. Also I could see some desperate team with multiple injuries still signing him at some point this year if he would take a cheap contract to come back. I think sometimes we get too caught up in winning and losing with some players. They were great at what they did let's appreciate that espcially a RB in a team game like the NFL.

I am pretty sure he is done at this point. He doesn't seem to have anything left and there are plenty of young talents out there to give a try. I might date myself a bit, but Bo Jackson was the guy I looked to as a freak of nature when it came to RBs.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I am pretty sure he is done at this point. He doesn't seem to have anything left and there are plenty of young talents out there to give a try. I might date myself a bit, but Bo Jackson was the guy I looked to as a freak of nature when it came to RBs.

Bo was. AP was a freak to his own extent also. Bo was a freak among athletes. I don't really care if AP is done or not. I do think there is a chance he comes back for one more go. You know he things he has something left. shrug. Barry Sanders was the guy I enjoyed watching more than any RB of my lifetime.

I don't think any team will give AP a shot at this point. His image took a hit last year with Saints in my opinion.

I agree on Barry Sanders. He was a pinball. Great vision and just would make others miss. I wonder who he would have done in a more traditional offense where he was not asked to make 3 guys miss every play.
thedoper

Post by thedoper »

AP was really good. Best Viking RB for sure. Probably even the 4th best (or 3rd if you think Sayers was a product of a different era) NFC North RB.
Monster

Post by Monster »

I came across this one day on YouTube it's a rugby fan that watches NFL highlights for the first time and comments and reacts. This one of Barry Saunders is one of the early ones he did and the best one of the 3 or so I watched. In case your surroundings when you are watching matters he drops some F bombs.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b4mLXafDemA

Monster thanks for sharing. I thought the comment how he could ignite a team was interesting. Moss seemed to really shine in the big moments. He was the best player on some really good teams. He was a game changer for sure. AP was not that.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Monster thanks for sharing. I thought the comment how he could ignite a team was interesting. Moss seemed to really shine in the big moments. He was the best player on some really good teams. He was a game changer for sure. AP was not that.

I'm not the biggest AP guy out there but he was a game changer.