AL Central Free Agent recap

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
Jester1534

AL Central Free Agent recap

Post by Jester1534 »

Thought I do a recap of all the moves in the central

White Sox Acqustions
Acquired OF Adam Eaton from Arizona for LHP Hector Santiago and cash

Agreed to terms with RHP Felipe Paulino on a one-year contract.

Resign Konerko and Tyler Flowers to 1 yr deals

Agreed to terms with 1B-DH Jose Abreu on a six-year contract.

White Sox trade closer Addison Reed to Diamondbacks for 3B Matt Davidson

Tigers acquisitions
Agreed to terms with RHP Joba Chamberlain on a one-year contract

Agreed to terms with RHP Joe Nathan on a two-year contract.

Acquired LHP Robbie Ray, LHP Ian Krol and INF Steve Lombardozzi from Washington for RHP Doug Fister. Agreed to terms with INF/OF Don Kelly on a one-year contract.

Acquired 2B Ian Kinsler from the Texas Rangers for 1B Prince Fielder and cash considerations. Selected the contracts of LHP Kyle Lobstein, RHP Justin Miller and 1B Jordan Lennerton from Toledo (IL); SS Eugenio Suarez and CF Daniel Fields from Erie (EL); and RHP Jose Valdez and RF Steven Moya from Lakeland (FSL).

Resign Phil Coke
Jester1534

Re: AL Central Free Agent recap

Post by Jester1534 »

Thought I split it up

Cleveland Indians Acquisitions

Sign john axford one year deal

Traded OF Drew Stubbs to Colorado for LHP Josh Outman.

Agreed to terms with OF David Murphy on a two-year contract.

Minor league contracts to Matt Treanor and Shawn Marcum remember when everyone wanted Marcum lol

Kansas City Royals Acquisitions

Agreed to terms with INF Omar Infante on a four-year contract.

Agreed to terms with INF Brian Bocock, OF Johermyn Chavez and RHP Cory Wade on minor league contracts.

Signed OF Gorkys Hernandez, 38 Brandon Laird, OF Paulo Orlando, OF Edinson Rincon, RHP Wilking Rodriguez and RHP P.J. Walters to minor league contracts.
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Twins Acquisitions
Sign Kurt Suzuki

Trade Ryan doumit for Sean gilmartin

Agreed to terms with OF Jason Kubel on a minor league contract.

Agreed to terms with RHP Phil Hughes on a three-year contract. Designated RHP Liam Hendriks for assignment. Another win cause the cubs took him from us yay!!!

Agreed to terms with RHP Ricky Nolasco on a four-year contract.

Pelfrey for two years
Jester1534

Post by Jester1534 »

Right now I would rank free agency

White sox
Twins
Tigers
Royals
Indians

Chicago white sox Analysis
I really like what the white sox have done. They've gotten two badly needed power bats and sorely needed lead off hitter for what? two relievers. I always feel like relievers are the easiest thing to replace and there so young in that department anyways, I don't think they will miss reed that much. Plus you've Konerko back to teach Abreu I think the white soxs have taken strides in the right direction. I give them an A- as of right now.

Tigers
I've been convinced by the board the fielder trade was a bad one, yet if it leads to the extension of Schezer then I think it's a win for the tigers. In two post seasons with the tigers prince fielder had one and only one extra base hit. I also hated the Doug fister trade because they got so little in return for him. Overall I give them a C but if they sign Schezer I give them a B-

Indians
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

They better sign Ubaldo because they've done nothing to get better.

Royals
Really like the Infante signing good veteran present that can bat at the end or in front of the line up. I give them a C - just because they've done anything besides that.

Twins
The Twins have addressed the need for pitching it isn't great but it looks like we have at least have an actual rotation now. They could've not picked a better guy than Suzuki to come and teach pinto the ropes. Pinto reminds me a lot of Benji Molina great bat and will have to continue to get better on defense overtime. As I stated before how hard it's to DH, this is were I love Kubel veteran guy who knows how to do it and to be able to teach the young guys like Arcia. Overall I give the Twins a B+