Offseason - Other teams

General NFL News
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Offseason - Other teams

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I am really liking what Chiefs have done. Trading Smith and Peters. Nice moves.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22587085/kansas-city-chiefs-get-two-los-angeles-rams-picks-marcus-peters
Monster

Re: Offseason - Other teams

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I am really liking what Chiefs have done. Trading Smith and Peters. Nice moves.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22587085/kansas-city-chiefs-get-two-los-angeles-rams-picks-marcus-peters

It obviously all depends on if Mahomes is good or not but the moves look good right now. I was just reading about the CB Kendall Fuller they got in the Smith trade. He had a very good season just turned 23 and is signed dirt cheap for 2 more years. That allowed them to move Peters (3 million this year then a FA) and added more picks. So KC added a nice cache of draft picks while saving a bunch of money getting younger and eliminating some headaches. I'm not saying they fleeced anyone but they look to have done well.

monsterpile wrote:
bleedspeed177 wrote:I am really liking what Chiefs have done. Trading Smith and Peters. Nice moves.

It obviously all depends on if Mahomes is good or not but the moves look good right now. I was just reading about the CB Kendall Fuller they got in the Smith trade. He had a very good season just turned 23 and is signed dirt cheap for 2 more years. That allowed them to move Peters (3 million this year then a FA) and added more picks. So KC added a nice cache of draft picks while saving a bunch of money getting younger and eliminating some headaches. I'm not saying they fleeced anyone but they look to have done well.

I agree. They didn't fleece anyone, but anytime you make moves to get younger and cheaper with the chance you might not drop off in wins that is a great offseason.

They must be very impressed with Mahomes. Last years weak QB class might not be that bad after all. It will be interesting how this years crop does. Allen seems to be the wildcard.
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

I agree. They didn't fleece anyone, but anytime you make moves to get younger and cheaper with the chance you might not drop off in wins that is a great offseason.

They must be very impressed with Mahomes. Last years weak QB class might not be that bad after all. It will be interesting how this years crop does. Allen seems to be the wildcard.

I can't remember where I read or heard it but the buzz was that even around the league people from other teams think Mahomes is the real deal. If Andy Reid believes you are gonna be good that's not a small thing. He hasn't been right every time but he has been right a lot. Remember he drafted the super bowl MVP and was the only guy Foles wanted to continue his career with after the Rams.

I agree. Andy Reid has a good track record with QBs. I don't see them trading Alex Smith without thinking Mahomes is the real deal. He certainly has the talent to be a top 5 QB.

Browns land QB Taylor from Bills and WR Landry from Dolphins. 3rd for Taylor seems rich even though I like the fit. Landry will get paid, but will be matched up with Josh Gordon who if he keeps his head on is a real threat.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22706211/cleveland-browns-get-tyrod-taylor-trade-buffalo-bills
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22705144/cleveland-browns-trading-two-draft-picks-miami-dolphins-wide-receiver-jarvis-landry
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Browns land QB Taylor from Bills and WR Landry from Dolphins. 3rd for Taylor seems rich even though I like the fit. Landry will get paid, but will be matched up with Josh Gordon who if he keeps his head on is a real threat.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22706211/cleveland-browns-get-tyrod-taylor-trade-buffalo-bills
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22705144/cleveland-browns-trading-two-draft-picks-miami-dolphins-wide-receiver-jarvis-landry

That 3rd round is a nice return for Tyrod. The Browns probably have so many picked they would t need them all. They get a decent starting QB that I believe only costs them about 10 million in cap space this year even though they have a bucketload of space. I think it's a good deal for both teams.

Also a bunch of trades have happened this offseason and plenty of CBs have been in deals. Does it feel like there have been more trades in general? It seems like it to me.

Seems like it. Lots of activity and trades. Seahawks are rebuilding. I think that is the smart thing for them.

Packers get Kizer. I was not a fan of him coming out of the draft and even less now.

I thought Taylor would be cut and they could have used cap space to get him. If I was them I would have waited out the FA market and went after Bridgewater or Bradford on short-term deals while drafting a QB of the future.
TAFKASP

Post by TAFKASP »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Seems like it. Lots of activity and trades. Seahawks are rebuilding. I think that is the smart thing for them.

Packers get Kizer. I was not a fan of him coming out of the draft and even less now.

I thought Taylor would be cut and they could have used cap space to get him. If I was them I would have waited out the FA market and went after Bridgewater or Bradford on short-term deals while drafting a QB of the future.

I don't think any team that has been in the dumps as long as the Browns should be considering Teddy or Sam. The Browns have gone one season longer without a postseason appearance than our pathetic Wolves. They had a team that was competitive in most games last season, but just couldn't get over the hump. While their moves are unlikely to make them contenders, it should at least give their long suffering fans hope for a fun season ahead. For their sakes I hope it goes better than ours has!!
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Seems like it. Lots of activity and trades. Seahawks are rebuilding. I think that is the smart thing for them.

Packers trade a former 1st round CB for a young QB? Honestly that's kinda weird although there was some problems with Randle last year. Another trade with a QB and CB switching teams. I'd guess they may have made their decision about how they feel about their other younger QB.

I have gotten the sense that the Browns don't want to just suck so waiting it out for a Teddy or Bradford guy that might not be healthy for more than a couple games (and or in Teddy's case even be any good) is risky. In Tyrod they get a guy that might be a decent starter or maybe they turn him around and he is the guy going forward. He is mobile and has plenty of physical tools and is relatively cheap. Honestly if I was a team that wanted to compete for 10 or more games I would take Tyrod over Teddy or Bradford too.