MLB Stadiums ranked

A place for Twinscentric Discussion
AbeVigodaLive

Re: MLB Stadiums ranked

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I feel all this earnest vegetarian (vegan) discourse needs to be trolled. Sorry guys...

[Note: Yes. I feel threatened by your apparent happiness amid a healthier, smarter lifestyle. Screw both of you.]

Hey those look interesting what kind of protein are those made out of?

Don't feel too bad. My boss thinks I am some sort of health nut but really I eat too many bad things. I eat too much sugar and still eat too much fat and salty things. I've tried to make some small changes to things that I still enjoy but it's hard. The last few months I've realized that in my late 30's I better start taking care of my body even more if I want to enjoy some things like playing basketball and I still enjoy it. I even looked up an anti inflammatory diet after last night where I played for the first time in a couple weeks and felt..um not terrible but I've felt better. Also I am not sure I am significantly happier than than the typical American.

Don't ruin my narrative, monster.

Last week, somebody asked me what was wrong as I ran back down the court after a layup. That's when it hit me that I move like "an old man" now on the court. It looks like I'm in pain when I play, apparently.

[Note: It doesn't help that some of the other guys who play are in college or high school. I am definitely old compared to them.]
Monster

Post by Monster »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I feel all this earnest vegetarian (vegan) discourse needs to be trolled. Sorry guys...

[Note: Yes. I feel threatened by your apparent happiness amid a healthier, smarter lifestyle. Screw both of you.]

Don't feel too bad. My boss thinks I am some sort of health nut but really I eat too many bad things. I eat too much sugar and still eat too much fat and salty things. I've tried to make some small changes to things that I still enjoy but it's hard. The last few months I've realized that in my late 30's I better start taking care of my body even more if I want to enjoy some things like playing basketball and I still enjoy it. I even looked up an anti inflammatory diet after last night where I played for the first time in a couple weeks and felt..um not terrible but I've felt better. Also I am not sure I am significantly happier than than the typical American.

Last week, somebody asked me what was wrong as I ran back down the court after a layup. That's when it hit me that I move like "an old man" now on the court. It looks like I'm in pain when I play, apparently.

[Note: It doesn't help that some of the other guys who play are in college or high school. I am definitely old compared to them.]

That reminds me...so last night I was playing ball and the first game I was guarding this HS kid. I had played with him a few weeks ago I knew he had some game. Because I didn't know his moves and he wasn't all about just blowing past me I was having trouble guarding him plus his team was setting all kinds of screens for him which was actually effective. Near the end of the game I finally had another guy switch defensive assignments with me. After we won our 2 games and had to sit I was saying so liked how that kid played and a friend of mine told me who's kid it was. It was a guy I went to college with who was a smart player and his brothers were real ballers. It explained a lot both how the kid was good and how I felt old...

Edit: He did say he really liked my shoes. That makes me young and hip right?
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Quick
monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Today, I dumped monster and lst from my bbq invite list.

Despicable.

No! Actually, I'm worse than monster...because I'm vegan.

plus fish

My wife and so do the vegan thing a lot partly because we have friends that do. My wife like the challenge. I love cheese real though and ice cream and... I've been a vegetarian all my life. No fish for me.

My dad ran a meat business for many years. Obviously, we were a meat-eating family. Quick story you might enjoy...
I brought a college girlfriend home for dinner. The exchange with my old man:

Girl: Hello, Mr. Xxxxxxxx.
Dad: Hi. We're having steak for dinner.
Girl: Oh, sorry. I don't eat meat. I'm vegetarian.
Dad: We're having steak for dinner.
Girl: You see, I don't eat any meat. Ever.
Dad: (after a long pause and a sideways glance in my direction...) We're HAVING steak for dinner.

The next time I stopped home, my dad told me "That girl... that veggie girl... she's not right for you."
Only girl he ever said that about...

Lol good story. I always try and be respectful of what people make for me. I don't want my diet to be a big deal. Worst case scenario I won't eat something I'm not going to ask you to make me something else.

Your story reminds me of a friend of mine. He is a big guy. You would never guess he was a vegetarian. He always jokes that you don't ask a skinny person about food you ask the fat guy. Once we were downtown before a sporting event and someone asked him where the best burger was downtown. He proceeded to tell them the top 3 options and after the guy left he turned to me and said (See he asked the fat guy where the best burgers were." We laughed particularly because the guy asked 2 vegetarians where to get a burger but we both know what the concenus is on where the best ones are and one of them was just a cross the street. They make a pretty good vegeburger as well.

Anyway during my college years this guy was dating this girl from Samoa. His family came into town to visit and they were going to a buffet. He told his girlfriend that she better eat a lot at the buffet or his family wouldn't like her because they eat. Plus he said she was Samoan and that will raise the expectations even higher. Lol She must have passed the test because they have been married for quite a few years but I can tell you this guy was worried for a few days before the meal. Obviously he liked her quite a bit. Lol He must because she doesn't really like pizza. To be fair other than that she is really great.

I'm sure they're "probably" happy. But you can never fully trust somebody who doesn't like pizza.

[Note: I want a burger now. Damn it. And I just ate lunch. In my opinion, (for those in Minneapolis) Parlor has the best burger in town. Revival is 2nd... and offers damn good chicken as an "appetizer."]

I may have it wrong, but when I was home visiting recently, my family took me to a place at like 45th/Nicollet that served Memphis-Style Spicy Fried Chicken. I think that was Revival. I like burgers, but that was special, especially in MPLS.

If I have the wrong place, please disregard.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

JasonIsDaMan wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Quick
monsterpile wrote:
longstrangetrip wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Today, I dumped monster and lst from my bbq invite list.

Despicable.

No! Actually, I'm worse than monster...because I'm vegan.

plus fish

My wife and so do the vegan thing a lot partly because we have friends that do. My wife like the challenge. I love cheese real though and ice cream and... I've been a vegetarian all my life. No fish for me.

My dad ran a meat business for many years. Obviously, we were a meat-eating family. Quick story you might enjoy...
I brought a college girlfriend home for dinner. The exchange with my old man:

Girl: Hello, Mr. Xxxxxxxx.
Dad: Hi. We're having steak for dinner.
Girl: Oh, sorry. I don't eat meat. I'm vegetarian.
Dad: We're having steak for dinner.
Girl: You see, I don't eat any meat. Ever.
Dad: (after a long pause and a sideways glance in my direction...) We're HAVING steak for dinner.

The next time I stopped home, my dad told me "That girl... that veggie girl... she's not right for you."
Only girl he ever said that about...

Lol good story. I always try and be respectful of what people make for me. I don't want my diet to be a big deal. Worst case scenario I won't eat something I'm not going to ask you to make me something else.

Your story reminds me of a friend of mine. He is a big guy. You would never guess he was a vegetarian. He always jokes that you don't ask a skinny person about food you ask the fat guy. Once we were downtown before a sporting event and someone asked him where the best burger was downtown. He proceeded to tell them the top 3 options and after the guy left he turned to me and said (See he asked the fat guy where the best burgers were." We laughed particularly because the guy asked 2 vegetarians where to get a burger but we both know what the concenus is on where the best ones are and one of them was just a cross the street. They make a pretty good vegeburger as well.

Anyway during my college years this guy was dating this girl from Samoa. His family came into town to visit and they were going to a buffet. He told his girlfriend that she better eat a lot at the buffet or his family wouldn't like her because they eat. Plus he said she was Samoan and that will raise the expectations even higher. Lol She must have passed the test because they have been married for quite a few years but I can tell you this guy was worried for a few days before the meal. Obviously he liked her quite a bit. Lol He must because she doesn't really like pizza. To be fair other than that she is really great.

I'm sure they're "probably" happy. But you can never fully trust somebody who doesn't like pizza.

[Note: I want a burger now. Damn it. And I just ate lunch. In my opinion, (for those in Minneapolis) Parlor has the best burger in town. Revival is 2nd... and offers damn good chicken as an "appetizer."]

I may have it wrong, but when I was home visiting recently, my family took me to a place at like 45th/Nicollet that served Memphis-Style Spicy Fried Chicken. I think that was Revival. I like burgers, but that was special, especially in MPLS.

If I have the wrong place, please disregard.

Sounds like it. Revival is on 43rd and Nicollet. In an odd (but probably very smart) twist, it's also at the new US Bank Stadium. When I found it there last Tuesday, I went for some chicken. They were sold out though.

Even though it was only halftime.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

monsterpile wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
monsterpile wrote:

That reminds me...so last night I was playing ball and the first game I was guarding this HS kid. I had played with him a few weeks ago I knew he had some game. Because I didn't know his moves and he wasn't all about just blowing past me I was having trouble guarding him plus his team was setting all kinds of screens for him which was actually effective. Near the end of the game I finally had another guy switch defensive assignments with me. After we won our 2 games and had to sit I was saying so liked how that kid played and a friend of mine told me who's kid it was. It was a guy I went to college with who was a smart player and his brothers were real ballers. It explained a lot both how the kid was good and how I felt old...

Edit: He did say he really liked my shoes. That makes me young and hip right?

1) It's good that you're still guarding the young, good players. As one of the "younger/faster" guys in my weekly game, I'm often assigned those guys... often against my will. I guess it's flattering... when not humiliating huffing and puffing behind them.
2) My last year of League ball, we were in the playoffs against a long-time rival. I noticed a couple of regulars weren't playing. But a couple of young, new guys were. For the first time in my life, I was unable to even slow down an opposing player. I fouled out and was destroyed mentally and physically. I ran into one of the regulars who sat after at the bar and asked why he wasn't playing and who the new guy was. Turns out it was son who was home and a "ringer" for the team. He played D2 ball. (the dad was a few years older than me... but not THAT much older.) That's the day my basketball mortality hit me.
3) My health/wellness goal is to play competitive basketball with my kids someday.
4) To be fair, your shoes are dope. Fly. Smart. Sharp. Cool. Et al. I'm not certain what words are used any more.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

This thread has gone off the tracks.
AbeVigodaLive

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

bleedspeed177 wrote:This thread has gone off the tracks.

Bullshit.

Veganism. Burgers. Basketball shoes and the effects of aging.

All seems totally in line with a thread about baseball stadiums...
longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564]

Post by longstrangetrip [enjin:6600564] »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Bullshit.

Ha, greatest thread derailing in the history of this board...I blame monster!

(or maybe me)
JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157]

Post by JasonIsDaMan [enjin:7981157] »

longstrangetrip wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Bullshit.

Ha, greatest thread derailing in the history of this board...I blame monster!

(or maybe me)

I would also like to add that any thread that references GOOD Memphis-style fried chicken (not KFC) can't be all bad.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

Wow - You pulled out the BS.

Lets get this back on track. Who was trashing Minute Maid fans?

In honesty though. That ranking was garbage. They could have had some criteria that they used.