Vikings 2018 Offseason

One Stop Spot For All Vikings Related News
Monster

Re: Vikings 2018 Offseason

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:I hope Josh Gordon works out for Patriots. He is not going to get a better opportunity and if it doesn't work there he likely is done in this league.

Its a fantastic opportunity for him. It's kinda amusing that people assume everyone that goes to the Pats works out. Michael Floyd comes to mind as a guy that didn't and he got a shot with the Vikings and was in camp with the Saints this year. Unless Gordon gets another massive suspension he will probably get another couple looks from teams. He will still be relatively young, very cheap and talented.
bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232]

Post by bleedspeed177 [enjin:6603232] »

I should say that if it doesn't work out with Patriots it won't work out anywhere. I can't think of anyone besides Jimmy G that actually was very good after leaving.
Monster

Post by Monster »

Tom Johnson is back. So they have to still make 2 roster moves to add him and Bailey. There has to be at least one injury move that opens up a roster spot.
khans2k5 [enjin:6608728]

Post by khans2k5 [enjin:6608728] »

monsterpile wrote:Tom Johnson is back. So they have to still make 2 roster moves to add him and Bailey. There has to be at least one injury move that opens up a roster spot.

Doesn't cutting Carlson open the spot for Bailey? So 1 roster move.

They cut Carslon to sign the WR, cut Coley to sign Bailey, and brought Tom Johnson back. Who will they cut next? Jaleel Johnson?
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:They cut Carslon to sign the WR, cut Coley to sign Bailey, and brought Tom Johnson back. Who will they cut next? Jaleel Johnson?

I would guess Parry would be out before Jaleel but I guess we will find out soon enough assuming there is not an other move like an injury. On the other hand Parry makes more sense as a backup to Linval and Tom Johnsom next to Parry might even be a decent pairing in a rotation. Tom Johnson is a likely upgrade for this year regardless which is pretty amazing that this team seems to just keep upgrading the roster every few days even if there are injuries and are doing it with limited resources.

Could let Holmes go too. It will be interesting. I see Jaleel as the future at UT, but bringing back Tom Johnson means they are not seeing it. I wonder if BRob would ever be resigned. I would have looked at him before Tom Johnson since I feel he can play anywhere up front except NT
Monster

Post by Monster »

bleedspeed177 wrote:Could let Holmes go too. It will be interesting. I see Jaleel as the future at UT, but bringing back Tom Johnson means they are not seeing it. I wonder if BRob would ever be resigned. I would have looked at him before Tom Johnson since I feel he can play anywhere up front except NT

I didn't think of Holmes...if they a haven't see enough and going all in then yeah that makes sense. Its usually pretty easy to find a run stuffing DT on the street though. What's Kendrick Ellis up to? I do like David Parry though.

I think Robison was ajust a smart guy that didn't make mistakes. I don't think he is particularly good anywhere you put him and I am a big fan of the guy. Tom Johnson on the other hand was a starter on the #1 defense last year and had quite a few QB pressures. He has something left in the tank...probably is still a legit fringe starter or better. Robison...not sure what he actually has.
Monster

Post by Monster »

David Parry was the guy let go. I doubt it was a consideration but I think letting him go probably was the best financial option as he had no dead money left. Assuming Tom Johnson just signs for the vet min (Seattle already paid him a nice chuck of money) the money difference between him and Parry will be pretty small. I'd assume Jaleel is now the backup to Linval. I'd guess this move adds to the pass rushing at both backup tackle spots.

Looks like TJ got 1M and 500k in incentives. Bailey got 2M. We have to be close to capped out. The only way we move on from Treadwell this season is to trade him and likely give up a pick doing so.