Monster

Re: Trade deadline

Post by Monster »

jester1534 wrote:
FNG wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Waiting for Jester to tell me how to feel about this Berrios deal but it looks pretty good to me based on what I have seen.

Rather have Groshans than Martin.

It's not that I don't like Martin but he's still 2-3 years away.

The one good thing is that they don't have to protect him for quite a while either. It will be interesting to see who else they move. They could end up with quite a bit of financial flexibility heading into the offseason to plug some spots. Gonna be tough to replace Berrios though.

Talked to my close friend with organization they believe that Martin is only a year and change away. Also they saw these two as there top 2 propects.

The hang up has been with Simeon Woods-Richardson. The blue jays really wanted to have Nate Pearson instead of him but the Twins see Pearson as only bullpen arm in the future not a starter.

Simeon Woods-Richardson Is who the blue jays got in the Marcus Stroman trade.

So basically the Twins are banking on 2 of these 5 guys panning out the next two year

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino

Great info, jester...makes me even more excited about this deal. How in the hell do you convince a team to give up on its top two prospects? I love the list of pitchers above...can you sell me on Woods-Richardson? I know nothing about him.

So now Royce Lewis and Martin are our two top young hitting prospects, and interestingly, they're both a year and change away and both C/SS's. Having two potential stud CFers makes me think they're not too optimistic about extending Buxton. If Berrios gets a haul like this, what does Buck get?

Why do the Twins need Levine and Falvey? Can't they give one to the Wolves to replace Rose-ass?

I honestly don't know anything about him.

So here what Dan Hayes says

A second-round pick in 2018, Woods Richardson has struggled this season despite striking out 13.3 batters per nine innings. The right-hander is also walking 5.2 batters per nine innings and has a 5.76 ERA in 11 Double-A starts.

Even so, Woods Richardson has climbed from MLB Pipeline's No. 87 prospect to 68 this season.

Sounds like if his control comes around he's filthy.

Great deadline day for the boys. Essentially they gave up one year of Berrios (because year is done no matter what they do) and First round draft pick because the QO.

For the Number 12 and 68 prospect in baseball.

I believe Twins are paying happ salary but man to even get two bodies for him is incredible lol. Maybe the cardinals stats haven't updated to this year yet.

My guess is the will extend Buxton and Pineda

My brother said Happ is a lefty who will do whatever he is asked and will do better in the National league and I was like so he is only gonna give up 6 runs a game? Lol
FNG

Re: Trade deadline

Post by FNG »

Jester1534 wrote:
FNG wrote:
Jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:
jester1534 wrote:
monsterpile wrote:Waiting for Jester to tell me how to feel about this Berrios deal but it looks pretty good to me based on what I have seen.

Rather have Groshans than Martin.

It's not that I don't like Martin but he's still 2-3 years away.

The one good thing is that they don't have to protect him for quite a while either. It will be interesting to see who else they move. They could end up with quite a bit of financial flexibility heading into the offseason to plug some spots. Gonna be tough to replace Berrios though.

Talked to my close friend with organization they believe that Martin is only a year and change away. Also they saw these two as there top 2 propects.

The hang up has been with Simeon Woods-Richardson. The blue jays really wanted to have Nate Pearson instead of him but the Twins see Pearson as only bullpen arm in the future not a starter.

Simeon Woods-Richardson Is who the blue jays got in the Marcus Stroman trade.

So basically the Twins are banking on 2 of these 5 guys panning out the next two year

Simeon Woods-Richardson
Jon Ryan
Jhoan Duran
Jordy Blaze
Matt Canterino

Great info, jester...makes me even more excited about this deal. How in the hell do you convince a team to give up on its top two prospects? I love the list of pitchers above...can you sell me on Woods-Richardson? I know nothing about him.

So now Royce Lewis and Martin are our two top young hitting prospects, and interestingly, they're both a year and change away and both C/SS's. Having two potential stud CFers makes me think they're not too optimistic about extending Buxton. If Berrios gets a haul like this, what does Buck get?

Why do the Twins need Levine and Falvey? Can't they give one to the Wolves to replace Rose-ass?

I honestly don't know anything about him.

So here what Dan Hayes says

A second-round pick in 2018, Woods Richardson has struggled this season despite striking out 13.3 batters per nine innings. The right-hander is also walking 5.2 batters per nine innings and has a 5.76 ERA in 11 Double-A starts.

Even so, Woods Richardson has climbed from MLB Pipeline's No. 87 prospect to 68 this season.

Sounds like if his control comes around he's filthy.

Great deadline day for the boys. Essentially they gave up one year of Berrios (because year is done no matter what they do) and First round draft pick because the QO.

For the Number 12 and 68 prospect in baseball.

I believe Twins are paying happ salary but man to even get two bodies for him is incredible lol. Maybe the cardinals stats haven't updated to this year yet.

My guess is the will extend Buxton and Pineda

I agree that this was a great deadline day, jester...congrats to the Twins brass for making our future brighter!

I'm not as hopeful as you are about Buck. I think the Twins will continue to offer him a fair deal with huge incentives for not missing games, and Buck's agent will convince him that some team will offer him more guaranteed money. I would hate to lose him because he impacts the game in more ways than perhaps any other player, but I'm afraid we will lose him at the end of his contract. I hope I'm wrong.